A Second Invitation

On the outside, I held an expression of absolute calmness. No visible emotion could be seen based on my face alone.

On the inside? Well, it would be an over exaggeration to say that I was panicking, but I certainly wasn't calm either, unlike what my face may show.

That questions was far too specific to be a mere coincidence. Most likely, she had seen me kill Crusch when she went back to the carriage. But I was fairly certain that she hadn't noticed Crusch when we first arrived. So why would she have watched me from the carriage?

Or... Maybe, just maybe... She noticed something off about me when I had seen Crusch by herself, alone? It's not like I had a mirror following me around, so I couldn't exactly tell what I looked like back then, but maybe something about how I handled myself when I noticed Crusch gave Lucifer the idea that something was up?

Not only that, but I underestimated Lucifer to a certain degree. I thought of her as someone with average abilities, excluding magic, with an overinflated ego, but it seems like she has at the very least the observational abilities to back her up.

I very slowly moved my hand back behind my back and to make sure she didn't notice, I decided to play dumb.

Pleiades: That's... Oddly specific.

Lucifer: Yes, it really is, isn't it? I mean, that's atleast what I thought was going through your mind when you stabbed Crusch.

Alright, the very minimal chance that she had just been messing with me was gone. She outright saw me kill Crusch. No excuse would get me out of this one.

Once my hand was out of Lucifer's view, a very small black sphere started to form and slowly increase in size.

Pleiades: Ah, is that right? Well, congratulations, you read my intentions perfectly.

Her grin was what annoyed me a lot. Although if I wasn't in this situation I might have said it was rather cute.

Lucifer: Naturally, but it strikes me as rather strange, don't you think so? I remember you saying something about beating the other canditates and winning the throne.

She snickered lightly, walked forward and brought her hand up to caress my chin with her hand.

Lucifer: But I suppose killing them would be a form of beating them, right? Or is that what you told yourself?

I glanced behind me, though with some difficulty since Lucifer was still holding my chin and I noticed that Reinhard still wasn't there. I turned back and got ready to quickly use my ability to blow her to smith-

....

Sigh... Who am I kidding? I already imagined killing Lucifer the moment she started this whole "investigation" and I honestly heavily dislike the idea of doing that.

Was it because I knew her somewhat, unlike Cursch? Or was it the idea of how Cerberus might react? Despite their antics, they did seem really fond of her.

I let the black sphere in my hand disappear.

Pleiades: Alright. What do you want?

She tilted her head slightly, as if not knowing what I was talking about.

Lucifer: Hm? Now what do you mean by that?

Pleiades: Don't even try. You said all this to me because you want something from this.

Lucifer: Does it look like that? There is no need to worry, I'm just giving you a warning.

My eyes narrowed after hearing her words. Warning? That's it? Isn't she going to do something about this?