Witch of Greed

Pleiades P.O.V

I stared at the girl calling herself the Witch of Greed for a few seconds, debating with myself whether or not she was lying. As far as I am aware, all of the witches, excluding Envy, should be dead.

However, I am not dumb enough to believe every single word in this world's history books as if they were made by god himself. I knew that the chances of there being inaccurate information in this world's history books was pretty much a certainty.

It isn't like the modern era where I come from, where we have the internet and countless ways to record and store information. And unlike my world, I doubt that anyone double-checked the information that was written into the history books. I was certain that whoever had written those books had their own bias.

History is written by the victor, as they say.

Still, just because it could be false information, it could also be completely true and this girl isn't just lying to me.

Echidna: Please, it hurts to see you so alarmed by me. Despite who I am, I am still a young, tender maiden at heart, you know.

I felt a tinge of annoyance as I took note of something, her behaviour....

I couldn't get a read on it, the same as Roswaal. I can't figure out if she's actually hurt by my wariness of her or not.

Pleiades: It's only natural, isn't it? Introducing yourself as a Witch doesn't exactly put a person's mind at ease.

Echidna: I see. That's a fair point.

I didn't really care if she understood my point or not, I was just looking at her, waiting to try and find a moment to get a read on her, on her character.

Pleiades:... You wouldn't mind telling me where I'm at, would you?

Echidna: Of course, you were merely invited to my tea party.

What? Tea party...?

...She's one of those then, the kind that speaks in vague terms and yet somehow expecting me to understand. Sure, she probably wants to have a tea party, but for what purpose, why and how she even brought me here. None of those questions are answered by her saying that it's a tea party.

Pleiades: Mind elaborating?

Echidna: A Witch's tea party.

....Great, cool. That tells me a lot, uh-huh.

Noticing my displeasure, she continued explaining.

Echidna: Are you going to stand there forever? You should atleast sit down before the tea gets cold.

Or not, I guess. I wonder if she's feeling pleasure in seeing my confusion.

Shaking my head, I moved forward and sat down across from her. I looked down at the tea and touched the cup with my fingers, the temperature was perfect, If I didn't drink it now, it would lose it's perfect temperature.

I glanced up to look her in the eye.

Pleiades: Is it poisoned?

I briefly wondered whether or not she'd break character when I asked her that, but judging by how she's been acting so far, even if she did poison the tea, she wouldn't have any visible reaction at the accusation.

If anything, she looked amused more than anything else.

Echidna: Even if you are here only mentally, don't you think that I'd have already done something if I wished to do so?

The question now was... was she bluffing? Or is it true that if she so wills it, my safety would be compromised?

It was even possible that drinking this cup of tea would grant her the ability to harm me, you never really know in a world filled with magic.