Road to the Sanctuary

Pleiades P.O.V

Frederica: So you really are allowed to enter Beatrice-sama's forbidden library?

Pleiades: What? Did you think that I wouldn't be allowed in?

Frederica: Yes, but Lucifer-sama did explain to me how impressive you could be, so I held high hopes for you.

Lucifer's body stiffens as I glance at her with a smirk on my face.

Pleiades: Aw, so you do think I'm impressive.

Her attempts at keeping herself calm were quite hilarious to see. With a hint on embarrassment present on her cheeks, she looks at Frederica with a glare.

Lucifer: Do not twist my words, maid. I merely spoke of what he had acomplished, that's all.

Otto: No, I heard what you sai--

Unlike Frederica, who had only recieved a glare. Lucifer extended her arm and opened her hand and flung a fireball straight at Otto.

As Otto panicked, I extended my own arm and opened a black hole in my hand, catching the fireball as it got absorbed into it.

....Was she actually intending to hurt Otto, or had she expected me to intervere? Scary.

Otto: Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu-Wu--

Now Otto, who had just witnessed an attempt on his life, was curled up in a ball while staring wide-eyed at Lucifer.

Pleiades: Ignoring that--

Otto: W-What do you mean ignoring tha--

Pleiades: Frederica, mind telling us how to get to the Sanctuary?

I briefly wondered on Lucifer's magic. As far as I know, only extremely skilled magic users should be able to cast spells without saying the name of the spell. In other words, Lucifer is at the very least impressive in terms of magic use... I wonder if she'll help me use my own magic when we get back home.

Frederica: I was told not to disclose anymore information than neccesary, but I doubt that you'll take that as an answer. But I would at the very least like two days to prepare.

Clearly, it wasn't exactly an important order since she gave more information than neccesary quickly.

Pleiades: Two days? Are you coming too?

Frankly, I'd rather not have her here. She'd probably try and spy on us when she can, which wouldn't be much of an issue, but it would certainly be annoying.

Frederica: No, I will be staying in the mansion. I cannot accompany you.

...Pardon? She's won't be with us? Now isn't that something? After all, it is rather strange that she's telling us to "prepare" for two days just to travel and she won't even be going herself. In all honesty, I'm ready to go there right now.

What I can conclude from this is that Roswaal wants to keep me from coming to the Sactuary for a little while longer.

Why? No, honestly, that question isn't important right now as there is no real way to figure it out as of now. Rather, I see this as confirmation that Roswaal is indeed planning sonething. Well, that was obvious anyway, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

The real question to ask now was whether or not to ignore what Frederica was saying and go right now, the issue with that is the chance that Roswaal might panic if I go there early and he might do something rash. It is also entirely possible that if I do follow along with whatever Roswaal plan is, I might be put in a unescapable situation.

Both choices had their positives and negatives. But I think that it would be for the best to listen to Frederica just because there is a chance that she may have a device or spell that allows her to communicate with Roswaal. If that is the case, any element of surprise from going early would be lost. But again, there is also the possibility that there isn't much to worry about and leaving early would be the best possible option, but in truth there isn't a way to know that. I don't have any idea of what Roswaal's plan may be or even what he's thinking.