Ride to The Mathers Domain

Pleiades P.O.V

Both me and Lucifer sat at the back of the carriage of this Otto guy, he had reluctantly agreed to give us a ride to the Mathers domain. Now I did want to go straight to whatever the Sanctuary was, but I don't know where the fuck that is and neither does Otto or Lucifer. Yeah sure, I've been studying quite a lot about this world over the last two months, but I'm not a damn super computer.

Even then, this Sanctuary place probably isn't listed on the map, if it had been, I would have probably had some recollection of it since I've tried to learn any somewhat major city or village that was within Lugunica.

Back to Otto, the guy was a total pushover. Sure, I was able to convince him to bring us to the Mathers domain thanks to revealing my identity to him along with promising him a reward from both me and Roswaal. Of course, he couldn't pass this chance up to get rewards from a royal canditate sponsor AND an actual royal canditate, so he did agree pretty quickly.

But to be honest, I probably would have been able to convince him even if I was a nobody with barely anything to give him. The guy was the defention of a bootlicker.

That was obviously great for me, but he isn't the kind of person that I would get into my camp.

I didn't promise him any specific reward from me, but I did say that Roswaal would buy all the... Oil in the back of his carriage. Yeah, for a merchant he was pretty bad at selling shit. I mean, he bought this crap because someone else told him that it would make a good profit.

It's like some crypto guy telling you to invest in the shitcoin or whatever and then "oops, guess all your cash is gone, oh well...bye!" Or something like that.

Lucifer: I hate this.

Pleiades: Stop complaining, or what, you wanna go on foot?

For a while now she had been complaining and complaining like a spoiled child. For fuc- Yeah, I get it. I've also been living a wealthy lifestyle for the last two months, Lucifer for probably longer considering the furniture she dragged out of her cave that she calls hell.

She glared at me and scoffed in disgust.

Lucifer: Couldn't we have attached our carriage to that merchant's ground dragon?

It was a valid question, however...

Pleiades: I'd prefer to give a nicer impression to Crusch's soldiers by letting them use my carriage. Also, I didn't want to waste time.

She scoffed and turned away. Her face quickly growing frustrated by looking at the oil barrels next to us. She probably hated the smell and small space along with the wooden carriage she was sitting on.

I stood up and went over to sit next to Otto at the drivers seat. One might ask, why didn't she just sit here if she hated the smell? Simple, she didn't seem to like Otto, for whatever reason.

Well, it wasn't that I liked him too much either. It's not that I hate the guy, but I dislike weak people with a lack of will. It's like looking at someone that's the opposite of me.

Otto: U-Uh... Pleiades-sama?

Pleiades: Yeah?

Otto: S-So you... Helped Karsten-sama kill the White Whale...?

I'm honestly surprised that he's even trying to strike up a conversation. I figured that he's be so nervous that the entire ride would be completely silent unless I spoke to Lucifer.

It was also quite obvious to him that the Whale was dead since it's massive corpse could probably be seen from quite far ahead.

Pleiades: More like saved her army, she and her army would have been wiped out without Reinhard's intervention.