True Nature

Good grief, getting past the lockdown was a fucking nightmare, but after multiple complications, we managed to make it out of the capital.

Reinhard was apparantly given an order to stay in the capital, but I just said fuck no to that and ordered him to come with me.

In the end, he is my knight. I'm not sure if he would choose me or the Sage Council if it came down to it, but since that order had been given by Marcos and not the Sage Council I had been able to change it.

Me, Reinhard and Lucifer were sitting in a carriage with Reinhard driving it. I would have liked to take Justice with me, but I wanted someone to stay in the capital just in case.

I did briefly consider taking Felt with us, but I didn't want to risk her life unnecessarily.

Anyway, from what she told me Crusch was heading towards some giant tree that was planted by a guy named Flugel where she overheard from some soldiers that they were going to attack the White Whale.

It was unlucky that Crusch and her army left not too long before the attack on the capital. I'm sure they would have been a huge help in the battle.

I remember that I had said during my speech that I would take down the White Whale. At first, I thought that Crusch was an idiot and that if she were able to kill the giant whale, she would be seen as petty since I was the one who proclaimed that I would kill the White Whale.

However, it could be seen that I was merely bluffing due to my "status" as a "Sin Archbishop" and that I'm full of shit.

But now, even if she does manage to kill the whale, she wouldn't be able to reep the benefits from killing the White Whale. After all, I had just proven not too long ago that I am not bluffing since I did actually kill a Sin Archbishop.

Still a bit skeptical on that. He died that easily? Urgh, whatever. I need to focus on the situation at hand.

I haven't had the time to really read into the White Whale as I wanted to focus my attention on the Archbishops first.

But from the little I know about it, any attacks against the White Whale so far had been failures. If I'm being frank, the only reason I'm even heading over there is because Reinhard is special even among the Sword Saints in history, he apparantly even has a god damn ban in heading to other countries.

It took us a couple hours, but eventually when I went to check on Reinhard, I could see something in the distance.

A literal white flying whale with a giant horn on it's head.

Pleiades: Can you kill it?

Reinhard: I'll try my best.

I chuckled at that.

Pleiades: That's not reassuring, come on...Have some pride.

He nodded and closed his eyes for a moment before looking up at me with a confident smile on his face.

Reinhard: I'll win.

Pleiades: Better, but we'll work on it later.

I headed back to the passanger part of the carriage and informed Lucifer of our arrival at the battlefield. I'm surprised that she's so willing to fight today. She usually seems so...Not bothered with dealing with anything and yet here she is fighting the cult and now wanting to attack the White Whale...

Maybe it has something to do with the Witchcult attacking her home a while back. No, that's most certainly what this is about.

Oh well, if she's willing to help instead of sitting around and eating pancakes then that's for the better.