LTML 59

When she woke up that day, it felt like the worst day of her entire life, as she described it. The realization she had in her entire existence, and she forced her mind not to believe any of it.

"This can't be happening, no...." She refused to believe everything that was told to her about what happened. Kumukontra ang puso niya sa sinasabi ng kaniyang isip.

She was certain that they finally met. He was there, and she saw him. It was still vivid in her mind. She's with him. They did so many things together. Those memories of him. He even painted her. He was with her through the worst. He made her smile; he made her forget about the struggles, the sufferings, and all the awful things in life.

Those things just can't be plain nothing!

He introduced her to his world. He even met his sister! And her mom was there too! And then, she has to make a choice. She left him, but he came to her again. He confessed his love for her. He proposed to her!

They collided once more, and there were no more doubts to obstruct their love.Then that kidnapping shit happened, but he saved her. She saw him 'til that day.

All those things can't be just in her head, right?

Ace exists.

She wrote him letters, misses him every day when they're not together, and loves him. Ace is real. Their love happened. It's not just a dream or something. No...

They are even preparing for their upcoming wedding. Her friends must be playing tricks on her.

-

Kahit pa nga nanghihina pa ang katawan ay pinilit niya ang sarili na tumayo para hanapin si Ace. She has to find him; he must have been waiting for her.

Unfortunately, he's not anywhere to be found. Not in places they would normally go. Not anywhere that she knows of. Where could he be? She looked for him everywhere, but not even a silhouette of him was seen. She tried to find a way into his world, hoping she would finally see him. Wala nang pakialam kahit pa magmukha na siyang baliw sa tapat ng isang puno at panay ang pagpupumilit na bumukas 'yon na parang isang pintuan.

Isang malaking sampal ng katotohanan ang natanggap niya ng araw na iyon. She was once again in that same situation as before. waiting for him, though there's no certainty that he's going to show up. She felt so lost and broken.

It was all a dream. An imagination created by her mind.

That realization made her heart shatter into pieces each time she thought of it.

There were no letters either, except that one she wrote when she first dreamt of him. That letter she wrote back when she didn't know him yet.

Ace was just a guy from her dream.

-

Mala's POV

Naghintay pa rin ako sa muli niyang pagbabalik kahit parang imposible na ang bagay na iyon. Akala ko ay kaya kong tanggapin na siguro nga ay talagang mula lang siya sa isip ko, sa panaginip ko, pero niloloko ko lang ang sarili ko. Mahirap para sa puso ko na tanggapin na lang basta na ang lahat ay isang imahinasyon lang na nabuo ng isipan ko.

Mula nang magising ako sa ospital ng araw na 'yon, malinaw pa sa alaala ko ang lahat ng nangyari ngunit ako lang ang may ganoong alaala. Wala ni isa ang may alam o nakakikilala sa pangalan na paulit-ulit kong binabanggit sa kanila.

"Nang gabing 'yon, sa harap ng abandonadong gusali ka na namin naabutan at dinala ka agad sa ospital. Mabilis na dumaloy ang imbestigasyon sa kidnapping case dahil na rin sa tulong ng mga witnesses, natakot lang daw sila na magsalita noong una dahil sa pwedeng maging banta sa buhay nila pero kalaunan, nagbigay na ng statement sa mga pulis. Nakilala ang mga tauhan ng hayop na Governor Ramos na 'yon, naispot-an ng CCTV ang van na gamit nila na dumaan sa isang convenience store." Pagkukwento ni Ryan sa akin. Marahang pagtango lang ang bawat tugon ko, naghihintay na banggitin niya si Ace sa mga nangyari dahil nakita ko siya doon. Sigurado ako.