Mute!F!reader x John Doe

Requested by @YaeMitsukiTsugikuni

H/C - Hair color
E/C - Eye color
N/N - Nickname
-----//-----

You sit on a bench in the middle of a park, feeling calm. It was warm, a small breeze every now and then, you felt relaxed.

You close your eyes, getting lost in your thoughts. 'Why did John want to meet here?'

"Hey Y/N!" a familiar voice said.

You open your eyes and look where the voice came from. You smile when you see your best friend, John. You wave at him and watch him sit next to you on the bench.

He scratches the back of his neck and looks down, a light blush on his face.

"You're probably wondering why I told you to meet up here." he says looking back up at me.

I nod while staring at him with a smile.

His blush darkens a bit before taking a deep breath.

Your heart quickens a little, 'Is he gonna confess? Is this finally happening?' your mind races while waiting for John to speak again.

"So there's this girl I like in one of my classes and I have no idea how to confess to her.." he says with a small smile, still blushing like crazy.

Your smile falters a little, 'A girl? Who?' You stare at him wanting to know who this girl is.

You tilt your head as if asking and John gets the hint.

"Oh! Well... I don't really know her name but she's really nice, has beautiful H/C hair, really nice E/C eyes..." he says trailing off a little.

You blush a little, that description sounded like it was you. You stare at him for a second before looking away.

You look back at him and shrug you've never confessed to someone, you're mute after all.

He sighs and smiles again, "That's alright, I plan on confessing to her tomorrow."

You grin and give him a thumbs up. You look up at the sky, seeing that the sun is finally going down behind the trees. The sky was a nice orange color.

He stands back up, "I think I'm gonna head home, want me to walk you home?" he asks.

You look at him a nod, also standing up.

You start heading home together in silence, but a comfortable silence.

-----//-----

It was now the next day and you just left your work. You were tired and was desperately needing a nice bath. You feel your phone buzz and you pull it out of your pocket. It was a text message from John,

Baby scarer ⁉️
Hey, can u meet up at the same spot as yesterday in 30 mins?

You stare at the message for a moment before mentally groaning. But you were also excited to see your best friend.

-----///-----

You get to the park and walk towards the same bench and see John already there.

You wave at him with a smile and he does the same.

"Hey N/N... I just want to tell you something about what I told you yesterday." he says staring at you with a serious face.

"We've been best friends for so long, and I love you so much. But I don't love you just as a friend, I want to be with you forever. I want to wake up next to you every morning with you in my arms, knowing that you're safe. Y/N, I love you. Will you be mine?"

You stare at him in total shock and started to tear up. You run towards him and jumped onto him, knocking you both to the ground. You were crying, crying tears of happiness.

He laughs and hugs back, "Is that a yes?" he looks down at you.

You look at him with watery eyes and nod.

"I love you"