𝘐 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘛𝘰 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬 [💜]

- I met the turtles through April. We immediately hit it off and became friends. Over time, we grew close. They all saw me as a sister, which was awkward. Donnie and I were always a little too close. I saw him as much more. Maybe even a boyfriend. That train of thought made me kind of uncomfortable. What if he saw me as a sister? 

I never shared my feelings with him. I was scared that he would reject me. Nobody likes rejection. And what if he did much worse? What if he started avoiding me? What if I lost his friendship? I always thought these things when I looked at him. I would secure confidence. Sometimes I walked up, ready to confess, but I would promptly change my mind.

Today, however, it was going to change. I was going to confess. Get it over with, was the professional term. I wasn't brave, so I just wrote him a note. There, then. Simple as that. Donnie was sitting in his lab, looking around thoughtfully. I walked up beside him, deeply regretting all my life choices. "Hey, Don. What are you doing?"

"Debating. My lab looks different," Donnie answered. "Different? How so?" It looked fine. Maybe a little dusty, but fine. "I can't... I can't tell," he seemed genuinely troubled. I stuffed the note in my pocket and shrugged. "I'm sure you'll find out when you get back." He snapped back to reality and blinked at me. "When I get back?"

I pointed out the lab, where the turtles were stealing the turtle tank. Donnie jumped and ran over to join them. I stared after him and sighed as the tank sped off.  "Hoo-kay," I looked back into the lab. Nothing seemed out of order. Maybe it really was the dust. Maybe I should clean up for Donnie. Would he appreciate that?

I grabbed a duster and a mop. I was going to war, and probably not coming back. I went into a frenzy, cleaning every nook and cranny. By the time I finished, the place was spotless. "That looks better," I admitted to myself, collapsing on the spot. Cleaning was absolutely exhausting. How did people do this? 

I sat up and stretched. My stomach grumbled. I stood up and looked at my phone. "I deserve pizza." I hopped on out of the lair and over to whatever pizza place I saw first. I placed an order and sat down at a booth, staring at my note. It was so blunt it hurt. Just a simple 'I like you.' My pizza came, and I immediately dug in without a second thought.

I was in the middle of stuffing my face when I got a call. I choked when I saw the ID. "H-Hey, Donnie!" I coughed out, clearing my throat. "Hey, Y/N! Bad time?" Donnie shouted frantically. I yelped and peeled my phone away from my ear. "Um, no. It feels like I should be asking you that," I answered gingerly. "Sorry!" Donnie grunted.

"I need- We- We need you!" I flinched. "Need me? For what?" I questioned. "Um, we're kinda getting-" The echoing sound of a punch. "-We're getting our butts kicked," Donnie shouted, grunting. "Shit! I'm coming! Don't hang up!" I left the money and shot out of the pizzeria. Donnie shouted some inaudible things. "Y/N!" 

"I'm coming!" I snapped back. "Where are you?" Donnie grumbled something. "Look up!" He shouted. I reluctantly looked up at the night sky. Fireworks? "Oh, Donnie. Don't tell me," I sighed. "Just come on!" I ran down the street towards the direction the fireworks had fired from. I was immediately met with rubble and chaos.

What a construction site. Donnie was slumped against the side of an unfinished building, tapping furiously on his com. Raph and Leo were pummeling a huge girl I'd never seen, and Mikey was cowering in his shell nearby. I hung up on Donnie and rushed over to Mikey. I grabbed him and ran up to the building Donnie was sheltering in.

"Donnie!" I gasped breathlessly, dropping Mikey. "Y/N!" Mikey popped out of his shell and latched onto me with relief and gratitude. "Hey, Mikey," I patted his head and slumped over, trying to catch my breath. "Oh thank god!" Donnie looked over at me. "You're okay?" I nodded and sucked in a huge gulp of air.

Leo got flung into the side of the building. He stayed plastered there for a couple of seconds before peeling off with a pained grunt. "Leo!" I peeked over the edge of the building. "I'm fine," he reassured, stumbling to his feet. Raph jumped down beside Leo. "How're we gonna win this?" He asked his brother. "With teamwork," Leo answered.

Everyone stared at him in disbelief. "Duh, we hit her!" Leo and Raph jumped up to avoid a swipe from the woman. "Does she have a weak point?" I asked into my com to save my voice. "She freaks out whenever we hit her in the gut," Raph answered, rushing her. "Got it!" I jumped off the building and canon-balled into a portal.

"Hachi Machi!" Leo shouted nearby. I cringed loudly and fell into another portal, landing on the girl's head. "Nice placement!" I spat. "I'm still getting the hang of it!" Leo defended, dodging another attack. I whipped out a pocket knife and slid down the clueless juvenile. I felt bad for attacking such a young girl, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I stabbed the knife into her gut, earning a loud screech from her. I stabbed repeatedly, yelling my battle cry. "Raph!" I dove out of the way as Raphael literally impaled her with a huge barrier plank. She shrieked one more time before falling limp. She crumbled into ash and disappeared. I dropped down, panting. "That was easy, boys!" I straightened

Mikey jumped down onto me again, clinging like a koala. I staggered and wrapped my arms around the back of his shell. "You saved us, Y/N!" He exclaimed, nuzzling his cheek to mine. I felt slightly overwhelmed. Donnie hesitantly picked his way over to us. "Let's get a room, you're both..." He looked at me. "Hurt?"

I shrugged and dropped Mikey. "Let's get back," I stretched, then winced. "I think I sprained my arm." Leo, who had been leaning for a high-five, awkwardly lowered his hand. We trekked through the long, treacherous streets of New York until we reached the sewer. Leo hopped in first. We all followed. 

I walked off to Splinter's room. "We're back, Rat-man," I informed. He grunted a sleepy reply and continued snoring. I snorted and walked back to the others. Donnie let out a sound that felt like a confused shout twisted with a squeal of delight. "Donnie?!" I shot into his lab. He was looking around, starstruck. "It's fine!" He breathed.

Woah. I guess he appreciated that more than I expected. "Um, you're welcome," I grinned slightly. "You did this?" He turned on me immediately. "Oh, I could kiss you!" I snorted and turned, walking back out of the lab. I tried to keep a calm composure, but I was dying inside. Fighting my blush down like I was a boxer.

"Wait! What's this?" Donnie called me back. I glanced over my shoulder, but when I saw my note in his hands, I completely freaked and rushed over to him. Not fast enough, apparently. Donnie read it, then looked at me. Then he looked back at the note as if reading it again. "Is this for me?" He asked, sounding very small.

"Um, no!" I shouted. He blinked at the name on the back. To Donnie. He looked back up at me, an eyebrow cocked with amusement. "Fine! It's yours!" I spat. Wait, why am I mad?? I calmed myself with a deep sigh. "You feel the... I like... You feel..." Donnie tried to get out. "Me?" I blinked. Was he... "You like me?" I asked, lips pursed in shock.

"Yes- Wait, maybe!" He shouted, disappearing into his lab in a flustered panic. I stared after him, eyes wide. Yes! I practically floated back. Life was finally smiling down on me! Donatello- He... He liked me back! I suddenly caught a case of the giggles. That was a very cliche confession, but who cares?! I cheered mentally. Donnie likes me! -