𝘐 𝘈𝘮 𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘈 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 [💙]

- To some, being green might've been interesting. To Leo, however? Being green was one hell of a curse. Maybe he should've considered changing his entire skin color when going undercover. He thought the normal kids were too busy dealing with petty relationship drama to pay attention to the whole situation.

Boy, was he wrong? He was so very wrong.

It was a slow, cloudy day. We had school off because of a holiday, and I was basking in the pleasures of the long weekend. I gave the sky a hasty glance to analyze the situation. It looked like it would rain soon. I hoped I wouldn't be caught up in the drizzle. Leo and I had finally locked down a date today, considering the day off.

Maybe today wasn't great? I blinked at my phone, wondering if I should text and call it off. No, Y/N! We've worked hard for this. And by 'worked hard,' I meant that Leo had listed random dates and times (the man had a lot of time to himself, even with the whole saving the world fiasco) while I irritably checked my schedules and rejected each suggestion.

I sighed and placed my phone back in my pocket. I still had an entire thirty minutes until our date. Wait- Thirty minutes?! I quickly freaked out and raced back home. A literal twenty-minute walk away. I had no idea why I decided to drag my sorry ass to a store that was a twenty-minute walk away. Especially when Uber existed!

By the time I got home, it was about 2.24. Shit! I screamed internally as I rushed to my bedroom. Shit! I screamed internally as I tossed on some admirable attire. Shit! I cried internally as I looked at my phone. 2.30. Shit! I shrieked internally as I pounded my fists against the floor. I was officially late. Who has a date at 2.30, anyways?

Leo, probably knowing I was losing my shit over this, decided to shoot me an innocent text asking where I was and stressing about how much he missed me and hoped I was okay. I wanted to reach into my phone and smack the presumably smug expression off his face. I groaned and let him know I'd be running extra late.

I burst into the cafe, breathless. Way to realize you were running late, Y/N. Even more stellar that you decided to walk. Again. I looked around frantically until I spotted a familiar face. I wandered over to the table, hobbling on my poor, sore feet. Leo glanced up from his assortment of half-eaten desserts. "Hi," he grinned.

"Hi, Leo," I huffed, collapsing into my seat. He leaned forward and tipped his head. "What's got you so grumpy?" He asked innocently. I was about to deliver a snarky answer when I finally realized what he was wearing. "Leo, why-" I snickered at him and sat down. "-Why are you wearing a suit?"

He awkwardly bunched his shoulders. "Presentation." I scoffed and stared at him in quiet disbelief. He frowned and looked sideways, flushed. "We're drinking coffee," I prompted. Leo rolled his eyes. "I know that much." I tapped my chin in thought, suddenly curious, and tugged on his sleeve as he looked away again.

"What do you think coffee does to a turtle?" I pulled my hand back. Leo tipped his head sideways, sporting a smile of anticipation. "'Dunno. I guess we're about to find out," he answered casually. It was at that moment that I felt a slight tinge of fear. I definitely wasn't shrugging that one off.

"Is anyone gonna come take my order?" He shouted abruptly. I jumped and swatted his cheek. "I don't want people to spit in my food, 'Nardo!" I whisper-shouted. All eyes immediately went to us, and I felt like sinking into my seat. I buried my face in my hands. Why was Leo such a drama queen? A waiter with a twisted expression walked up to us.