𝘋𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘈 𝘗𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯 [💜]

[ Last chapter I'm posting this year <3 ]

- "Come on, Don'! It'll be fun!" I nagged for the third time that day. "I have too much to do here," Donnie sighed, popping his head out from underneath the Turtle Tank. "Can't you take a break?" I complained. He narrowed his eyes, his way of refusing without saying a single word. I sighed and pulled a balled-up flyer out of my pocket. Donnie disappeared again.

"Fine, I'll ask Leo to go with me." He immediately rolled out and stared at me. "Leo? You'd replace me with Leo?" I shrugged and balled up the flyer again. "I'm not going alone." He scoffed and sat up, wiping his hands. "Fine." I blinked at him. "Are you saying you'll go?" I broke out in a huge smile. "I'll go," he shrugged.

"Yay!" And before I knew it, we were hitching a ride to the outskirts of the city. Donnie thoroughly sanatized himself after we had arrived at the carnival I was diyng to go to. "This place is gross," Donnie remarked. "Whatever, it's the about memories we're gonna make," I shrugged back. He tugged on the drawstrings of his hoodie.

We walked around for a short while. I wanted to try fried butter, even though it sounded attrocious, but Donnie kept me walking. I guess I don't want butter breath, I determined. Every time I spotted something I wanted to check out, if it looked even mildly unsanitary, Donnie would practically drag me away.

Despite his efforts, there was one particular booth that Donnie wouldn't keep me from. It was one of those cheesy ring tossing games. The prize they offered was irresistable. "You want that? What is it?" Donnie stared at it in confusion. I grabbed him by his drawstrings. "I want it, Donatello!" I rushed over to the booth and slapped a dollar on the counter.

"Give it your best shot," the owner mumbled, half-asleep. I grabbed three rings and put all my focus into the bottles. I confidently threw each ring, but every single one missed. Donnie walked beside me. "Wow," he said bluntly. I flushed in embarrassment. "These games are rigged," I said through gritted teeth.

"I got this," he grinned, buying more rings. Wow, how romantic! But, when he started mumbling to himself and glaring at the bottles like they were a gourmet meal, I decided to back away a safe distance. He threw a single ring, and when it missed, he collapsed to the floor in defeat. "It's okay. You still got two more," I comforted, fighting down an amused smile.

"It's over," he insisted, pounding his fists on the ground. I picked him up and gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "You got this, Don.'" He frowned and threw his remaining rings. "Okay, you're just pulling my leg now!" He complained, slapping another dollar onto the counter. After several unsuccessful tries, I went off to buy some food.

I found a booth nearby that sold popcorn. I would probably need popcorn to get through the afternoon, so I bought a bucket to share with Donnie. When I returned to the ring tossing booth, Donnie was still throwing rings like a madman. By now, he had attracted a crowd. Random people who wanted to see someone having a literal meltdown.

"Come on, let's take a break," I tugged on his sleeve. "Give me a second," Donnie dissmissed immediately. "Let other people have a turn!" Someone called from the crowd. "Get your eyes checked! I'm obviously trying to win something!" Donnie snapped back, buying more rings and throwing them furiously.

"Donnie, you need a break," I urged. Donnie turned to me, scowling with broken focus. "I'm gonna win you that dang kangaroo, if it's the last thing I do." I snorted and pet his cheek. "I know you will." He turned back around, and I awkwardly melted into the crowd. Who would've thought that a video game obessed guy wouldn't know what Pokemon was?

"What's with this guy?" I heard someone grumble in the crowd. I narrowed my eyes and looked around, trying to find the person who had spoken. Whatever. It's not like Donnie cared much. He didn't care, neither did I. Donnie finally scored a bottle. "Yes!" He cheered, grabbing the plush before anyone could react. 

"Y/N, I got it!" He held the plush up triumphantly. "No fair! He's been here for half an hour, why does he get to walk away with it?" Someone piped up. Everyone in the crowd agreed. "Why don't you go to your nearest Walmart and buy it yourself?" Donnie hissed, hugging it to his chest. I hopped beside him.

"Come on, guys! There's no way you're about to tussle over a plush!" I tried to reason. Everyone started cursing at me. "I think we should run," I admitted. Donnie shoved the plush into my arms. "Leave me, dearest. I'll fend them off. Tell my story, and make sure I'm portrayed in the most heroic light possible."

I narrowed my eyes before grabbing his wrist and practically flying through the carnival. Everyone chased after us, screaming. "These people are homicidal!" I shrieked, rounding a corner. The people ran past us, and I ran back in our initial direction. "Time to go home," I decided, calling Leo.

"Hey, can you come pick us up?" I asked, looking around. Donnie frowned at me. He clearly didn't trust Leo to drive. "I found them!" Someone called in the distance. Jesus, it's not that serious! I grabbed Donnie a second time and raced in the opposite direction. "These people are literally insane!" Donnie declared. -

[Sorry this was so short and attrocious. I had a deadline I had to reach :( ]