𝘞𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘋𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴 [💙]

"I'm broke." April shook her head, feeling for me. "Why don't you take up a job with me?" She asked. We were lounging about her living room, where April had supplied me with chips and soda. "Where you just stand behind a counter for three hours?" I scoffed and twirled a chip in my hand, shaking my head in distaste. "No, thank you."

"At least the pay is good," April shrugged, leaning her head into her hand and watching the television screen. I hummed and kicked my feet onto the coffee table. My phone chimed with a notification, and I glanced at it. Leo. A dumb smile spread across my face. April noticed my expression change in her peripheral.

"Who's that?" She grinned, leaning towards me, knowing well who it was. Immediately, I sucked my breath through my teeth. April would tease me until hell froze over. I nervously looked up at her. "None of your business." I swallowed, forcing a stern look, and glanced back at my phone. "If you say so," April forfeited smugly.

Portalchop 💙
hi :) what awre yoy up to

I snorted at his grammar, but then I paused. How could I be so insensitive? Someone with three fingers would find it difficult to text! I nodded at my conclusion and reached for a chip. April's attention was seemingly long gone. I glanced at her suspiciously, munching down on my chip, before shooting him a reply.

Me
Hanging out with April.

After my text had gone through, I turned off my phone and laid it on my lap. No wasting battery for me! "Leo, huh?" April asked, gaze unwavering and fixed on the television. Of course, she knew. Another dumb smile spread across my face. "Yep." I popped the p and sat up. "Didn't he work at a place in the Hidden City?" She brought up.

I nodded, uninterested in the conversation she was trying to start, but then a light bulb clicked above my head. "Wait-!" I exclaimed. April flinched away from me, taken aback. "What?" She demanded. "I need money," I leaned toward her. "Mhmm?" April watched me with confused eyes. "Hueso's." Her lips pursed as she dawned a look of realization. "Wait, what?!"

"Why don't you just take a job up here?" She asked, frowning. I was already sending Leo frantic texts. Because if anyone could get me a job, it would be Leonardo Hamato. "Come on, that place is super weird! Maybe you should find another place," April urged gently. "He already agreed to get me a gig," I grinned.

April sighed and slapped her forehead. "If you're sure," she conceded. "I'm sure!" I insisted. My phone chimed with yet another notification. I jumped to my feet. "He wants to go right now!" April blinked. "But it's nine," she pointed out. "And I'm not getting any younger. See you!" I responded, booking it to the door.

"Bone man!" I was beginning to regret my decision. Leo had his arm slinked over my shoulder as if it would help get me employed. Hueso, probably fed up with Leo's bull, groaned. "Have you come to blow up my pizzeria?" He asked. "Not today!" Leo answered with a lighthearted grin. "I've got an employee for you."

Hueso blinked at me. He looked back at Leo. "You want me to hire this?" He scoffed. "After what you've done?" Leo frowned and released me. "I haven't done anything too bad," he reasoned. "And Y/N is the best!" I quickly matched Leo's frown to hide my third smile of the night. Hueso narrowed his eyes, still unconvinced, but said nothing.

"They'll keep your customers happy!" Leo added. He turned to me. "Right, Y/N?" I froze, caught off guard. They were both staring expectantly at me. "Um, sure," was all I could say. Hueso scoffed. "I'm sorry-" he began. I braced for impact. "Just think about the good things I did for you!" Leo cut him off loudly.