𝘜𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘴 [💙]

[ Last chapter I'm posting this year <3 ]

(Maybe) Movie Spoilers 

"Hey, Leo! Wanna go stargazing?"

The first time, Leo stared at me with confusion. He had never gone stargazing before or even heard about the concept. "Star-glazing?" He asked, finally blinking. "Stargazing," I corrected with a snort of amusement. "Sounds boring," he admitted. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to out a snarky reply, but I decided to suck it up. 

"Come on, dude. Try it." The next thing I knew, we were sitting on the roof of my apartment building. There weren't many stars in the sky. Then again, the city lights were restless. Leo was having a hard time. "What am I supposed to be looking at?" He asked, turning to me. "The sky," I answered bluntly.

"Ah," he looked back up, but I could see him fidgeting. "This kind of sucks." Before I could react, Leo had opened a portal and hopped through casually. What was that moron up to? I sat down on the balcony and looked around. Leo returned with a galaxy projector. "Ta-da!" He flashed enthusiastic jazz hands. 

"Where did you get that, mister?" I asked suspiciously. "Uh, not important." He grinned nervously. "Wanna give it a test run?" I shrugged and hopped off the balcony. "Let's give it a try," I agreed. Leo whooped with excitement, scampering after me. We got to my apartment, where my parents were already sound asleep.

I shushed Leo, knowing how irritable my parents would be if I woke them up. We got to my room without a peep, and I crashed into my bed. Leo set up the projector and hopped beside me. It flicked on, displaying a beautiful projection of a multi-colored galaxy. We stared up at my ceiling, both wordless. (Clap it up for Leo!)

"This is alright," he confessed under his breath. "What's that? I didn't quite hear you," I leaned toward him, a smug smile plastered on my face. "This is sprite!" He blurted. After an awkward silence, he added: "Y'know, like the soda?" I rolled my eyes and snuggled into his shoulder. "My room has seen better days."

"Good thing you have a master of improvision as a boyfriend," he grinned, flicking my forehead. "Whatever, I'd say my ceiling is more handsome than you are, at this point," I poked my tongue out at him. "I know you're lying," Leo retorted. "You get an omen or something?" I asked with a dramatic gasp. He stared at me with puppy-dog eyes.

I poked the side of his head. "Fine, you're more handsome than my ceiling," I gave in. "When am I not more handsome than a ceiling?" He asked, wearing a dopey smile. So there we were, Y/N L/N and Leonardo Hamato, snuggled up in a warm bed. As far as we were concerned, there [was] no ceiling. At that moment, we were under the heavens. Nothing more.

I entered my apartment, ready to get to bed. The day had dragged on and on, and I was just looking forward to getting home and taking a long nap. By now, the sun was sinking in the sky. Doesn't wanna be here, either. I didn't bother announcing my arrival, since I didn't want my parents constantly calling me to do things. 

I shuffled into my bedroom, hair sticking up where I had rested it on my desk. School sucked more than usual today. I stared at my room. Leo usually tried to organize it for me. Massive emphasis on tried. I missed how erratic my room looked when I came in. I sighed and collapsed into my bed, groaning. Thank goodness it was Friday.

I lay there for a bit before getting up, ripping off my irritating uniform, and throwing on some more comfortable attire. The sky was beginning to darken, so I decided to take a quick trip. I summoned enough energy to leave the apartment and walk up a couple of steps. After what seemed like forever, I got to the roof of the complex. 

I sat down on the balcony and stared up at the sky. Every star felt familiar. Even the city lights that tried to obscure them from view. After sitting there for a while, I sighed and looked down at my hands. "You were right, Leo. This sucks." I looked to my side, half-expecting him to be standing beside me, chanting 'I told you so' over and over.

Well, that was definitely impossible now.

I picked myself up and walked back to the apartment. "Just came home?" My mom called from the kitchen. "Um, yeah," I muttered back, sealing myself in my room. Nothing to do here. I stared at the galaxy projector on my windowsill. It's worth a shot. I grabbed it and set it up, then hopped onto my bed.

I sighed and hugged my pillow, staring up at my ceiling. "I miss you, Leo." My eyes began to sting. Jeez, I never thought that a projection and a couple of words would bring me to tears. Whenever I tried holding back tears, Leo always told me to let it all out. That crying felt better. So, there I was, Y/N L/N, sobbing uncontrollably under a projected ceiling. -