𝘓𝘦𝘰'𝘴 𝘋𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 [💙]

- I sat in Donnie's lab, trying to stay awake while he rambled about tech. Mayhem sat on my lap, snoring. "That's great, Donnie!" I yawned unenthusiastically. Donnie leaned back in his chair. "Don't fall asleep in my lab," he said sternly. "You leave me no choice," I shrugged, sitting up. "Um, wrong. My speech is exhilarating!" Donnie contradicted with a smile.

"To you, Donnie. It's cool when you show it off, but when you talk about it, it's just meh," I answered with a dismissive sigh. "Why don't you try to have a decent conversation with Raph, then?" Donnie offered, rolling his eyes. I snorted and stood up. "Alright, see ya later," I said before I walked out of the lab, cradling Mayhem.

I looked around, but it seemed like Raph wasn't in the lair. Probably somewhere challenging prepubescent children at a game of basketball. I found Mikey in Splinter's room, where a random TV show was playing. Mikey sat beside the armchair Splinter was sleeping on, looking confused and horrified at the same time.  

I grinned and decided to leave him there. He deserved it for eating all the leftover pizza. Leo wasn't around either, probably out with Raph. Well, now I have to go out! I thought, climbing out of the lair. Sunshine immediately blasted my face, and I blinked several times. Alright, Leonardo. Where art thou? I slunk around the streets, looking around.

If I knew anything about him, he was probably at Hueso's. "April won't mind if we take a little trip, right?" I asked, holding Mayhem up. He chirped a response before teleporting us both into the pizza parlor. I scratched him behind his ears and walked off to find Leo. After circling twice, I sat down at a booth. "At least I can get something to eat."

Mayhem sat across from me, flicking his ears. He chirped again and looked around. "What is it?" I leaned forward, and Mayhem teleported away. "Well, gee," I sunk back into my seat and waited for someone to notice my sad, starving state. "Y/N?" I perked up and looked around. "Wait- Mayhem can't speak English!" I realized.

"Yeah, cats don't tend to speak English," Leo snorted while Mayhem rested awkwardly on his shoulder. He jumped off him and leaped onto the table in front of me. I scratched the base of his chin, which he purred to, and curled up on my lap. "Hey, (Hermosa / Hermoso)!" Leo slid into the seat across from me.

"Hi," I said bluntly, "Get back to work, Leonardo!" Someone shouted. Leo snapped his head around, glaring while trying to find the person who called out. "It's okay. I'm not going anywhere," I reassured. Leo groaned loudly. "Fine, what do you want?" He stood up. "Anything that won't kill me."

"You got it, see ya, (Hermosa / Hermoso)!" He ruffled my hair and walked off. Leo and I weren't in a relationship. The most romantic thing we did was call each other dumb pet names. I sighed. Mayhem stirred beside me and chirruped as if to encourage me. "I'll always love you," I sighed, stroking his head. He chirped again, tail lashing happily.

"This place is boring," I commented. Mayhem tilted his head. I slid out of the booth and looked around, searching for an appropriate target. I picked the Yokai with the nastiest expression and walked up to them. Mayhem hopped out of the booth and trotted behind me, chittering curiously. "Hey, I heard those guys-" I pointed toward an annoyingly loud booth nearby.

-"Were making fun of you," I finished. Mayhem climbed up my leg and slumped down at the top of my head. The Yokai wordlessly stood up, immediately infuriated. Growling under their breath, they stomped off toward the booth. "I can work magic," I grinned as punches started flying. When a table was smashed, I decided to back to my table.

A glass flew and struck the wall beside me, shattering it. "Hoo-kay! Under the table!" Mayhem leaped off my head and dove under the table. I crawled in beside him. Now Yokai were shouting over the jazz in the parlor. "Y/N!" Leo abruptly plunged in beside us. "Are you okay?" He stretched up and slammed his head on the table.

"Shoot!" He gingerly slumped back down. "I'm fine. We're both fine," I reassured, trying to fight down the grin on my face. "Did you?" Leo asked, trying to look disappointed. If anything, he was incredibly amused. "I might have," I replied with a shrug. Another table was smashed nearby. Leo and I latched onto each other on cue. 

"We're gonna die!" I cried. Sure, it was funny. But now, these lunatics were smashing tables. And how did the entire pizza parlor join in? "Yeah, probably!" Leo agreed without any hesitation. "Leo, get us out of here!" I snapped. "I can't! They take my katanas!" He looked down at Mayhem, and I followed his gaze. We stared at him.

Mayhem, picking up that we needed his help, darted out from beneath the table and disappeared into the crowd. "May, nooo!" I shouted. Leo gave me a look. "Y/N, we might not live!" He pointed out. I decided to put on my big-boy pants. "Ah, Leonardo. How soon you doubt me. You're talking to a professional!" I insisted.

"A professional what?!" Leo demanded. "Death commissionaire?!" I shrugged lightly. "Dunno yet. But, I'm heading into war. If I don't come back soon, don't look for me," I crawled out from beneath the table. "Y/N, wait!" Leo called after me. I was practically Spider-Man. Leaping over tables and crawling over walls to avoid chaos.

"Mayhem!" I shouted. Mayhem was seemingly disinterested in saving lives. I ducked to avoid a flying dish. An unconscious Yokai fell in my path, and I gingerly crawled over it. "Hey!" I heard a voice shout. "What're you doing?" A Yokai was glaring down at me, sneering. I opened my mouth to respond, but my legs carried me away at maximum speed.

"Come back here!" The Yokai demanded, pounding after me. I finally spotted Mayhem curled up behind a flipped-over table. "Mayhem!" I screamed, scooping him up in my arms. Mayhem chittered happily, but I was ready to freak out. With a grunt, I hopped over the table and made a beeline for Leo's booth.

The Yokai was still pounding behind me. I could feel its hot breath on my back as I sprinted. "Take us home, May!" I pleaded as I found and dove under our table. Leo stared at the giant Yokai plunging toward us. When Mayhem hesitated, Leo whipped around and stared at me. "I love you!" He screamed.

It took me a second, but when it finally caved, I just stared at him with my mouth wide open. "You wh-" I began, right before Mayhem finally teleported us out of there. -