Chapter 35

TW: mentions of abuse, su!cide, SH

"Are you joining us?" Ranboo asked as he packed up his stuff at the end of the class.

"I have an appointment, sorry," Tommy replied, looking down and wishing desperately for Ranboo to not ask.

"Oh? What for?" He asked, of course he fucking asked. Tommy just shrugged, pulling on his bag quickly and turning to go.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that was rude," Ranboo said quietly, "I'll see you in class."

"Bye," Tommy replied, his voice just above a whisper before he turned and almost fled the room. He wasn't looking forward to where he was headed and he certainly didn't want to get there fast, but he couldn't deal with being in that room with Ranboo for another second. No one could know he was going to therapy. Then they'd know he was weak and they'd hurt him. They couldn't find out.

Tommy slipped through the hallways, doing his best not to hiss in pain when he brushed past someone and they touched his arms accidentally. He arrived at the nurse's office a few moments later. Taking a deep breathe, he slipped inside.

"Hey Tommy, Techno showed you the way right? Or do you need me to show you?" Kristin asked from behind the desk.

"I'm ok," Tommy replied, slipping down the hallway and finding the room Techno had pointed out. Tentatively, he knocked. A few seconds passed and Tommy almost left, deciding he'd claim the therapist wasn't there. Then, before he could take a step, the door opened and a man, who looked to be in his late 20s, stood smiling at Tommy. Instantly, Tommy was stepping back, not trusting the man, but at the same time, the man stepped back, beckoning Tommy to come inside.

"Hi, you must be Tommy," The man smiled, "I'm HBomb, or you can just call me H."

Tommy nodded, stepping inside, his muscles tense as the door shut behind him. He stood waiting for the blow that surely came once the door hid them, but HBomb simply sat on the couch and encouraged Tommy to sit on the one across from him. Carefully, Tommy did what he was told, not sure what else he could do.

"Alright Tommy, what brings you in here today?" HBomb asked, his voice was friendly, not threatening at all, but Tommy still flinched back at the question, not ready for it. HBomb clearly noticed it, but didn't ask, simply waiting for an answer from Tommy.

"My friend said I had to," Tommy replied, his voice low, making as little sound as it should be. 'Friend' was a stretch, but it was easier to explain then 'The guy who seems to care about but I don't trust because everyone else hurts me, why should I think he won't?' Much easier to just say friend.

"Can you tell me why they said that?" HBomb asked, and Tommy looked down, what was he supposed to say? 'Because he thinks I do self harm'? That wouldn't work, he'd simply ask to see the scars and assume Techno was right.

"He doesn't understand," Tommy said. HBomb tilted his head, so Tommy added, "Anything. He doesn't understand anything."

"Can you tell me who he is?"

"Techno," Tommy replied, and that sunk in. HBomb certainly knew Techno. He smiled slightly.

"Techno is a good friend, he can tell when something is wrong with his friends, so I doubt he'd ask you to come in without a real reason," HBomb said gently, "Can you tell me what he thinks? I mean, like, why did he ask you to come see me?"

And there it was. Another person trying to find out far more then Tommy was willing to give. Tommy knew from experience, if he said certain things it would get Puffy or the foster parent called. He knew the next house would be shit as well, but at least here Dream didn't seem to punish him unless he did something wrong. It was better then some houses who did it no matter what, and it could be one of those next, so Tommy didn't want to switch houses.