Chapter 59

TW: panic attack, mentions of abuse

Tommy POV:

"What's happening here?" Phil asked.

"That's exactly what I want to know!" Both Techno and the lady of the desk snapped at the same time. Tommy's confusion only grew at that, because it was what he wanted to know too. Why was everyone here? They hadn't been called.

"I've been very clear about why I am here," Techno growled at her, "We all have."

"You have no right to be here. Go back to class."

"I have every right to be here-"

"Techno," Phil said softly, and instantly Techno retreated, seeming to step back and calm himself. He was still fuming, but at least he was trying to calm down. Tommy just needed that anger not to move towards him. Phil sighed and looked back to the lady at the desk, "I'm sorry for the students that came without being called, but you must understand they are very worried for their friend."

"They can't just barge in here yelling about how they want answers about what a confidential meeting is about. It's inappropriate and breaks many rules!"

"I am Tommy's teacher, and am very concerned for him and his safety, which is why I came with him. This reason is the same for why every other student is here. I hope you can understand."

"I am not able to allow you all to join Tommy's meeting."

"Alright, just me, Techno, Eret and Wilbur. The rest can wait here."

"Unfortunately that is not possible. All the students must go back to class except for Tommy."

"Yeah, sorry, that's not happening," Quackity snapped, stepping forward and ignoring Phil's glare, "I'd rather knock you out, find out who the hell has hurt Tommy and knock them out, maybe worse then leave. Even if I got expelled. Hell, even if I went to prison. So you will let me and my friends find out what the fuck is going on, or I swear I will not hesitate to do anything necessary to protect Tommy."

"Quackity that's enough!" Phil snapped, his eyes flicking over to Tommy who was now cowering behind Ranboo. This was too much. It was too much. Why did they care? Why did they care? No. No. No. No! It didn't make sense. It didn't make any sense. Why would they do that for him? He had done nothing for them. What were they planning? Would Quackity turn on him just as easily? He had already threatened to hurt Tommy to protect Conner. Why was he threatening someone to protect Tommy? It didn't make sense? He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve any of it.

"Please excuse Quackity's harsh language. As I've mentioned they are all very tense and concerned about Tommy."

"That is no excuse for threatening me! I'm calling the cops!" The lady snapped and within a second of her touching the phone on the desk, Techno had jumped over the desk, and put his hand over the phone, holding it down.

"The only person you should be calling the cops on is whoever is hurting Tommy, and I have very good reason to suspect it's the person waiting on Tommy's arrival, so you are going to let me, Eret and my father in there with Tommy, otherwise Tommy is not going in. Ever," Techno snarled, his breathing heavy, his face threateningly close to hers, his eyes glistening with danger. Tommy knew that look too well. He knew that look from Dream. He knew that look from a hundred foster houses before him. That look meant danger, and Tommy knew Techno was deathly serious. Techno would hurt someone and it would be Tommy's fault. He didn't know why but he knew it would. And then Techno would blame Tommy and turn on him. That's what always happened. Every time. He buried his face in Ranboo's shoulder, the taller boy still holding him in a hug. He hated seeing this. He hated being here. He wished he had never come here. He wished he had called Puffy earlier. He wish he had told Puffy no when he had arrived and known the danger. He wished, he wished, he wished, but it wasn't true and he knew it never would be.