Chapter 143

TW: mentions of trauma/reliving trauma and mentions of death/murder

Techno POV:

Techno groaned, his head aching from something, although he couldn't quite remember what. Was the concussion back? No, he had been fine for ages... what was going on?

He went to bury his head into his pillow only to start at the lack of one. All too quickly he registered his surroundings. This was not his room.

The walls and floors were stone, there was barely any ornamentation or decoration except one wall filled with thousands of deep scratches.

No. No. No. this had to be a nightmare, it couldn't be real, but he remembered his plan. Remembered trying to trick Dream, remembered failing.

No. No. He couldn't be here. He couldn't be back here.

Told you! You'll be back we said! We were right! As always! You're trapped! You're broken! You're lost, and NO ONE is coming to get you!

Techno gripped his hands over his ears, wincing at the voices' words. He couldn't be here. He couldn't. He had escaped. He had left this place behind. Wilbur had said he was safe. He was supposed to be safe. Why was he here? Why had he find this.

Tommy. It's all Tommy's fault. Kill him. Make him pay. Make him suffer for what he did to you.

NO. No. He had chosen to come here. Tommy hadn't forced him. He was here to save Tommy, not kill him.

But killing is all you're good for. Kill him. He's weak. You could do it so easily. Just snap his neck, stab him, cut his head off, rip out his heart, strangle him, destroy him.

"GO AWAY!" Techno screamed, shaking his head, desperately trying to scatter the cruel voices.

Never. We're back and we're here to stay. No medicine left to keep us away. Fool.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" One of the voices sneered, only this time it wasn't in his head. Techno's eyes darted up, coming face to face with the smile that haunted his dreams.

"No, no, no, please no, please, I'm sorry, let me go, please, I'll never come back, I won't tell anyone, please just let me go," Techno begged, scrambling away from the monster.

"Already begging on your knees, I see, well, it's futile. You're here to stay."

Techno wanted to take it all back. Wanted to go back to Wilbur's side, listening to the music he wrote.

Anything at all, just to make this nightmare go away. He couldn't be here. Why had he come back? He was just putting everyone in danger. If he lost control, and the lights went red, how many would he kill? How much blood would reside on his hands?

Techno was a monster at heart, and this place would drag that monster past all the bars he had tried to set up. This place which created that monster, fed it, nourished it, made it a snarling beast. They would be all too happy to unlock the cage door and set it free. Techno couldn't let them.

He had to hold onto whatever humanity he could find in himself. He had to hold onto Wilbur, who would always be there to drag him back to reality. Wilbur wasn't here now, so Techno had to do it himself.

Wilbur's song. The one he found and called it Techno's song... maybe that would help? Maybe that would shut the voices up?

"Just breathe, trust me" Techno whispered the words, imagining Wilbur singing. Just breathe. Just breathe. He could do this.

He knew there was no point trying to convince the Masked One to let him leave. So he would do the next best thing. He would promise Wilbur, that the only ones who would die were the Masked Ones. He was not going to be their slave.

Techno stood up. He would not pay attention to his splitting headache. That was the least of his worries. What he needed to do, was make sure he could survive. Maybe Puffy would find him. Maybe they had a lead now. He had to hope. He had gotten out once. He could do it again. He had to.

"When do I start?" Techno asked, hating the words with a vicious passion.

Words: 700

A/N: heyyy my discord server is currently giving me ideas for merch (stickers) I can make for this fic (I'm looking at making an Etsy shop) so if u have ideas feel free to join and let me know, or comment them whenever :D

Server link: https://discord.gg/syFqZ3yzNY