Chapter 139

Tommy POV:

Tommy didn't know how to react to the young child clinging to him. It was unlike anything he ever would have expected.

"Finley?" Tommy asked, stunned, unmoving.

"Are you ok? Your arm? What happened? We were so worried!"

"I'm ok," Tommy mumbled, not knowing what else to say.

"Shark! Get over here! No food tomorrow. You know the rules!" A Masked One snapped, and Tommy didn't miss Finley's flinch at the sharp tone, nor the shudder at the words, nor the terror in her eyes as she let go of him and moved to follow the Masked One out.

All eyes were on Tommy, but he couldn't bring himself to move, he just watched the girl who reminded him so cruelly of himself, as she disappeared from the room, receiving a hard slap to her head. So, Shark was what they called her. The others in the group of Survivors seemed to all use the names they were given by the Masked Ones, but no one did for her. That was odd.

Maybe she was young and didn't understand? The poor kid looked to only be around 4 years old. How she managed to deal with all of this and still be bubbly, Tommy didn't know, although he supposed it likely had something to do with Freddie. He had always been good with the really young kids. Not so much those his own age, but the young ones loved him.

Tommy stiffly found his way to the servers, carefully avoiding anyone who seemed angry at him. He was weak enough as it was, there was no way he could defend himself if someone chose to get revenge. His injured arm stayed stiff against his side, and he was all too careful not to move it. Any movement spiked pain throughout his arm, and he was in no rush to deal with that. He collected his food numbly, and found a corner to eat alone.

Tommy had to work hard to keep his mind focused on eating and watching those around him. His thoughts kept drifting back to the fear in Finley's eyes and the sharp tone of her Masked One. He shouldn't have let the girl come near him. He didn't want them hurting her to punish him.

That was something that had happened many times in his past. Especially when he still had Tubbo. They would use Tubbo's pain to get deeper into Tommy then fists ever could. Dream had used that even though Tubbo was long gone. Same with his stupid Masked One. Although, if 17 came anywhere near him again, Tommy would personally see to it that he actually died this time. 17 would not get away with what he had done.

When the Masked Ones escorted him back out of the cafeteria Tommy vaguely hoped they would take him back to Drista. Her company had been one of the few things keeping him sane. Unfortunately, he was guided in the other direction.

"Your training will resume tomorrow, be thankful you get this afternoon off," One of the Masked Ones snapped, shoving him into a cell, locking the door and walking away. Tommy didn't bother fighting. It wasn't worth it.

He found his way to the corner, lying on his back. He wanted to curl up, to protect himself, but he knew this was what would hurt less. There was more control over the positioning of his arm here.

Tommy stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours, before sleep forced itself upon him. He welcomed its embrace, appreciating the numbness it brought to his arm.

Words: 600

A/N: was planning to write a full 1000 word chapter, but idk when I'll have time and at least this is out, plus it's a good spot to stop :]

They Rely On Hope. What Do I Rely On? - Tommyinnit Adoption AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें