Chapter 137

Quackity POV:

After what felt like the millionth time rereading Techno's words, Quackity finally managed to drag his mind away from those words and what they meant. Instead, he focused on the one person he could protect. He could keep Conner safe. That was his job.

He pocketed the letter, trying to wipe it from his mind, not completely, but enough to focus on something else. Something, someone, more important than his grief and fear.

Quackity scanned the room, assuming that Conner had decided to take comfort in one of the larger huddles, maybe with Ranboo, or with Purpled, or maybe someone else. Only, he wasn't there. Quackity checked the room twice, confusion filling him. Where had Conner gone?

Wilbur. Wilbur was upset. Conner always seemed to navigate towards someone who was hurting. Quackity guessed it had become Conner's instinct to protect at all costs.

Silently, Quackity got up, careful not to disturb the others as he weaved through them, finding his way to the door, where still a few huddled around. He checked for Conner amongst them, but still no. So, he headed in, rifling through the letters until he came across the one labeled for Conner.

He was still here. He wouldn't leave without this... he wouldn't leave at all... right? But where was he?

Quackity held onto the envelope tightly, slipping past the others and slowly, steadily, searching every room. Conner had to be here somewhere. Maybe he was having a panic attack, or was overwhelmed. Usually he would come to Quackity about that, but maybe he hadn't. That was Quackity's fault. He had been distracted. Too busy thinking about himself to even register what Conner was feeling.

With every other room searched, Conner stood outside of the last one. Techno's. It made sense for Conner to come here. The kid had always liked the peace of Techno's room. Maybe he had gone in search of Techno, not knowing. Or maybe he had just wanted the comfort. There were perhaps a billion different reasons Conner could be in there, but still Quackity lingered outside.

How could he go in? Techno rarely let people in, Conner was on of the very few who almost always had access. Conner, Wilbur and Phil-with some strong random exceptions... It made sense for Conner to enter, but Quackity? Knowing what he did now? Was it fair? What if Techno had left his room with a certainty it would be left untouched? What if Techno didn't want him to go in?

But what if Conner was in there alone?

That was the question that kept bringing Quackity back. What if Conner needed him?

Quackity knocked on the door, then again, harder, when no response came. He called Conner's name, twice, three times, then, hesitantly, he opened the door. He had to know.

"Conner?" Quackity asked, scanning the room, and when no answer came, Quackity slid down to the floor, exhausted and terrified. What had happened? Where was Conner? No one had left this house in two months. Why was Conner missing now, of all times-

SHIT! SHIT SHIT SHIT!

FUCK!! CONNER HAD GONE AFTER TECHNO!

Quackity raced downstairs, dashing outside and launching himself at the nearest officer.

"YOU LET HIM GO!? WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO!?" He screamed, again and again, tears streaming, nothing holding them back. He didn't stop screaming at the pinned, and blatantly startled officer until he was pulled off by another, who obnoxiously insisted he calm down. Like hell was he calming now. Not when they let a kid out. Not when they let Conner out.

"Why would you let him go?" Quackity asked, sobs smashing through him, anger fear, worry, love, grief, and anger again. Why would they do this? Why Conner? Why didn't they stop him? Techno could survive, he could fight, Conner was just a kid. Just a fucking 13 year old kid. Barely even a teenager. Why would they do that?

"Techno had-" The officer tasked with calming him down began, but already Quackity was shaking his head.

"Not him, I understand what he was thinking, he was an idiot, but it made sense. I'm talking about Conner. Why did you let Conner follow him?" Quackity asked, the anger dying, grief winning the battle of emotions

"Conner? He's inside still?"

"No he's not, I'm not a fucking idiot," Quackity snapped. Ok, maybe the anger wasn't quite dead yet.

The officer had the decency to at least seem confused. He muttered something to another officer, who's face then matched that confusion. What the hell was going on?

"Conner shouldn't have left, Techno is the only one who has officially left today. What happened with Conner? Do you know where he is?"

"He went after Techno, please tell me he's safe, I don't care if he's part of some stupid mission, I just want him to be ok please say he's ok."

"We'll locate him, I've already sent an officer to find out if anyone authorised Conner to exit, did he leave you any messages?"

Messages. Ok. That was a good question. Fuck. why hadn't he checked that?

Quackity pulled his phone out, his hands shaking hard, the anxious sweat on his hands damaging his ability to use his fingerprint to log in. It was fine. He typed the passcode quickly, the motion almost second nature, and as his phone unlocked, he found 3 heart wrenching messages.

Words: 900

A/N:  u guys shuld all thank RangerRiver for this chapter, the bubble tea she got me was much appreciated and very very needed XD