Chapter 70

Wilbur POV:

"He's been unconscious for two hours and he fell asleep again and I don't know if he's allowed to sleep, is he allowed to sleep? Is he ok!?"

"Yes. Yes, he's fine," The nurse said, her voice softening as she gave Wilbur a reassuring smile, "It's a concussion, nothing too bad, he'll just need a lot of rest, and in a few weeks he'll be better. Sleep will do him good. It'll be best if you can wake him every 4 hours and checked to make sure he hasn't gotten worse, so look out for blurry or double vision, nausea, balance problems and so on. His CT scan came out clear of internal bleeding and head trauma, so unless he gets much worse, he'll be fine to sleep, and will need it greatly. Try to keep him away from electronic screens and let him get plenty of rest, and he should be good."

"Ok, um," Wilbur started, hesitated, and then repeated back what the nurse had said, hoping he got it all right. She nodded when he was finished, letting him know he was right. Wilbur wanted to panic, hating the feeling that Techno's health relied on how much of that he remembered, but he should be fine. He would be fine. He had to be. He would remember it all and he would help Techno recover, and they would foster Tommy and everyone would be ok.

"How long until he can leave?" Wilbur asked after he had straightened it out in his mind, making sure he remembered everything that she had said.

"I can get a doctor to come check that he's good to go, which he should be, and then you'll be able to take him home," She replied and Wilbur relaxed significantly. Not long left. Soon it would be all over. Soon everything would be back to normal, or well, a better normal, one with Tommy.

Wilbur waited with Techno while the doctor came. Techno was woken up, checked, and approved to go home on the condition he rest for 1 to 2 weeks, stay away from electronic screens for that time, and woken up every four hours. Wilbur and Techno agreed, and the two were lead back to the group. Techno was exhausted, but he was ok. He was going to be ok.

As soon as the two stepped into the room, the rest jumped to their feet, rushing forward, all asking questions, trying to know if Techno was ok.

"I'm fine, just a concussion," He said, giving them a weak smile, "I'm good to leave."

"We'll wait for Phil and Tommy to get back, and then we'll help take you all home," Eret's parents said. Wilbur nodded, moving to sit Techno on the unoccupied bed. It would be a long week or two while Techno recovered, but he would recover. That was what was important.

Once everyone had made sure Techno was ok, they let him rest, sensing his very clear exhaustion. They returned to their game, although regularly looking over to check on Techno.

Wilbur sat next to his brother, letting Techno lean on him quietly. He sent his dad a message, letting him know that Techno was ok, that it was just a concussion, and that they would be able to leave when he got back. No reply, but that didn't surprise him, as tense and worried about Techno as his dad was, he was also focused on making sure Tommy would be able to stay with them and not get sent to another hellish house.

Wilbur still couldn't believe the hell that Tommy had been through, and what Dream had said. Far too many houses, all far too painful for a kid- for anyone. Tommy had been scared the first time he had seen Techno, and Wilbur had thought it was just because Techno's scars seemed scary at first, but it hadn't just been that. Tommy had been thinking of the hundreds of people who had hurt him. He had been expecting that. It wasn't just Techno either, Wilbur could still see it in the way Tommy's eyes would flick around, scanning the environment, checking for escape routes, gaging danger. He could see it in the way Tommy never asked questions, never pushed for what he wanted. He could see it in the way Tommy was unnaturally careful about everything he did, apologising profusely for everything, in his control or not.

Wilbur recognised a lot of what Tommy did from when Techno had first arrived, and other things were new. Techno used to ask questions constantly, always needing reassurance he was allowed to do simple things. Tommy didn't ask those questions, and he didn't do even those things. He seemed either inactive, only following what he was told to do, or too active and panicking, no normal level. Wilbur wished he could change that. He hoped he would. He knew he'd do anything at all to help Tommy. To make Tommy feel safe.

Wilbur watched the group as they played the game, his eyes focused on them, his mind focused on the one member of the group who wasn't here. Techno was back, leaning on his shoulder and exhausted, but back. Tommy was the only one not here and so, before Wilbur could stop himself, he fell into a stream of panicked thoughts about the kid. What if something went wrong and they couldn't foster him for some reason? What if Tommy was scared and said no? What if Tommy was scared and said yes, and lived in terror with them and they could never fix him? What if Wilbur messed up somehow and it drove Tommy away and into a house that would hurt him? What if Wilbur singing would be an issue? Tommy hadn't liked his humming... If it came to it, Wilbur would just only sing at Sally's house. That would be fine. She liked listening to him practise. He'd do that for Tommy. He'd do anything for Tommy.

Words: 1000

A/N: I did a tier list of numbers from 1-100, with 57 coming very solidly in last, what do you guys think? Anything you would change?

I'd change 42, idk y I put it so low, it shuld be just behind 28