Chapter 158

Foolish POV:

Foolish ran, screaming towards the stretcher, his sister's name filling his mind. Again and again he yelled to her, desperate for some form of response.

He skidded to a stop, barely avoiding knocking into the stretcher.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER!?" He screamed, reaching towards her face, wanting to get the paint off of it.

"Stand back, stand back please!" The paramedic snapped, pulling Foolish away.

"That's my sister! Please that's my sister!"

Foolish couldn't help but notice screams thatt matched his well. Wilbur's screams to be closer to his brother, but for all Foolish could do, leaving Finley was not something he would ever do again.

"They are giving her adrenaline and CPR, she'll be ok, but you need to stand back, let them do their work," The paramedic explained and Foolish sagged, no longer fighting. He crumpled to the floor, tears streaming down his face, mumbling his sister's name. She had to be ok. She had to be ok. She was just a kid! Just a tiny little kid! Who would do this to her!? How had he not known!?

"Foolish?" A timid voice asked, causing Foolish's haze to snap up and meet a kid- Tommy's age- blood smeared on his face and covering his knuckles. This kid better not have hurt Finley.

"You're Foolish?" The boy asked, seeming desperate for Foolish to agree. He nodded, confused as to what the boy wanted. "We're safe... you came... she was right..."

The boy seemed to crumple at the wait of his own insanely complicated words. Foolish had no idea what the boy meant, but he just turned his attention back to his sister. His fragile little sister with her limp body and neck burned in a horrible way. What had they done to her?

Suddenly she let out a gasp, and the paramedic stepped back for a second. Foolish didn't hesitate, taking advantage of his chance he surged forward. He gripped Finley's hand in his, positioning himself so she would be able to see him.

"Finley I'm here, I'm here Fin, I'm here, you're ok, you're going to be ok, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," Foolish rambled, desperate to explain himself, to apologise, and to comfort her all at once. Finley just smiled softly up at him.

"I knew you would come," She mumbled, her voice raspy and quiet, but her eyes showing her complete faith in him.

"We have to get her to hospital, please step back," A paramedic instructed, and this time, reassured that his sister knew he was here, Foolish stepped back, letting them take her away and towards safety.

He turned to the blood covered boy, hoping he could explain what was going on, what had happened to Finley.

"They electrocuted her..." The boy mumbled, as though hearing Foolish's silent plea, "I tried to keep her safe, taught her how to defend herself, made sure she did everything they asked, they've never put a collar on her before, why did they put a collar on her?"

Foolish moved to hold the shaking boy, instincts kicking in. He was just a kid. Just a small kid covered in blood and sobbing. So, Foolish ignored the blood that would cost him and he just pulled the kid into a hug.

"It's going to be ok, what's your name?"

"I'm Freddie..." The boy mumbled softly, "Finley said you were coming... I didn't believe her... I'm sorry..."

"Hey, hey it's ok, you are not to blame, I.. I didn't know she was here... they told me she was safe and happy..."

"Not without you. She missed you like hell. Please, be there when she wakes up properly."