Chapter 4: Soft spoken memories

"Are you joking me?" Lizzie's laugh filled the room raising her eyebrows at you.

"No, I promise I'm being genuine," you grinned at her laughing slightly.

You'd both been in the café for 5 minutes now and the conversations flowed with ease. Technically, your mind still hadn't processed what the hell the day had turned into, but you'd focus on that later.

You had always been that type of person to box up emotions and focus on them when it was the most inconvenient time. Possibly not the smartest of things to do, but hey it is what it is.

"The UK, that explains the accent then," she teased you slightly.

If she genuinely keeps it up you were going to actually go into cardiac arrest.

"That obvious huh," she laughed at you before nodding in agreement.

"Yeah... a little Y/N."

Movement in your peripheral vision however, dragged your eyes away from the coffee and Lizzie, towards a blonde girl eyeing you up and down.

Key word you felt was what the fuck?

The blonde woman had a coffee in one hand and what looked like roses in the other hand. However, from closer observation it looked like they were wilting, or damaged slightly.

Poor woman...

Turning your attention back to Lizzie you noticed her eyes were darker than before and her hand twitched ever so slightly. The sight was a little confusing, essentially the whole situation was. You'd never really known her beforehand, movies and interviews excluded.

Yet here she was sat in front of you, but seeming to be more and more on edge. You placed your hand waving it slightly in front of her face trying to get her attention, noticing Lizzie relax ever so slightly.

"Hey are you okay? You trying to pull a Wanda move over there Lizzie?" You half joked trying to make sense of whatever was playing through her mind.

"Yeah, that's what I'm doing," you wanted to laugh but the way she said it... It sounded dark, and only half joking.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't get shivers running down your back.

"So," she randomly stated shaking her head as though she'd been pulled out of some long ass trance.

"Hmmm," you found yourself stressing the living shit out of everything, the best thing being about it was you weren't sure if it was because Lizzie had just caused that, or the whole general concept of everything going on.

"Why did you move here?" The question casually blurted out of Lizzie's lips before she thought about it by the sounds of it.

"Oh?" Your eyebrow raised in anticipation and curiosity at the outburst of her. She certainly didn't hold back or seem to want to.

You did wonder what else this woman had hidden up her sleeves.

Her eyes widened as she realised how she could have sounded and frankly she looked like she was going to shit herself. You observed as she began twisting the rings back and forth on her hands and her eyes avoided your gaze entirely.

"Oh god, wait I didn't mean to sound so rude or nosey. I didn't think about the way I sounded so forward. I assure you I didn't me- I mean.... You don't have to tell me why, not if you don't want to," she rambled consistently and if you were honest it was a little cute.

"Lizzie," You couldn't help but laugh, however she looked down evidently embarrassed as a light blush covered her cheeks in now pink tint.

Fuck, now you felt a little guilty.