Chapter 7: Kiss in a crowded room

A/N: I wrote the title to make you all shit yourselves sorry not sorry :')

"I beg your pardon?" The older man slurred, evidently way too intoxicated at this point.

Yeah I beg her pardon too?

However, Lizzie didn't back down. In fact she did the opposite, standing closer to you arm wrapping around in a more further and tight grip. Practically a vice grip as she stood her ground glaring the man down.

Did it suddenly get hot in here? No, just you internally combusting.

"You heard exactly what I said, now back up," she said.

Her tone was sharp and authoritative, your legs practically shaking. What didn't help is her hand had now drifted from your waist to your shoulder rubbing gently.

Your body was shaking from the proximity's of you both. Not because you liked her, that's... no, that's not possible. Simply because you were cold and shivering. That's all...

"Did I stutter?" Her voice echoed through the club and you were praying with your whole being that Alice wasn't near by.

God only knows she'd have a breakdown if she knew what Liz had said. Hell, even you were.

The man backed off from you both, tripping over his legs to get away from her. Looking over at Lizzie her gaze still held strong and sharp, her hand did not leave your body though, which was stressing you the fuck out.

Now you could relax, you didn't realise you'd been holding your breathe until you let out a sigh of relief.

Which usually, would be a positive sign but of course you could then smell Elizabeth's fragrance which was only killing you faster. She smelt of Oakwood with white cedar and musk, with a hint of lavender and vanill-

Why the fuck were you even focusing that much on her smell? What had gotten over you lately, she's your friend- nothing more, nothing less.

You weren't about to fuck up this friendship over you being oddly strange for no reason whatsoever.

You didn't realise that you'd spaced out until she squeezed your shoulder ever so slightly, allowing you to come out of your trance or whatever you'd gotten spaced out with.
Turning to face her, you smiled softly and took the drink she held out to you from her.

You noticed she still hadn't left your proximity, it was starting to scare you. Not in a negative way just in a confused and unfamiliar way. It felt right and wrong all in one.

Rather than continuing to question everything, you stepped back and away from her grasp, tilting your head softly.

Her jaw tightened ever so slightly and her face dropped. What?

You hadn't done anything wrong in your mind. At least as far as you were aware.

However, before you could ask anything else, she quickly covered up whatever she was feeling and laughed before speaking.

"Apparently, me and Alice cannot leave you for one minute without needing to rescue you," she giggled at you.

You raised your eyebrows out of curiosity, before teasing her a little.

"Oh, I don't remember asking for help?" You smirked and watched her face panic.
Ooops?

"Oh? Did you want him to s- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intervene I just thought you wanted my help," she started to ramble and you quickly pulled her into a hug.

Why did her hugs give a strange feeling to you. It was so confusing, but intriguing all in one.

"Lizzie, you're fine I was just teasing. Girlfriend," you winked at her after pulling back from the hug and smiled as her nose scrunched slightly.