Chapter 9: You'll have me

You re-read the text over and over again, trying to see if you hadn't miss read it. What did she mean? Your anxiety shot through the roof instantly. When it came to lines like that, your mind wasn't stupid. You knew full well what things like that meant.

Why did she want to talk? What if she was done with you. What if- what if you'd fucked up?

Oh for fuck sake, shut up.

You just needed to respond and keep a front. You'd been good at keep fronts up your whole life. You knew it wasn't a coincidence though. There's no way she sent that message for a casual conversation opener. She'd not responded to you in a while then suddenly after the article she wanted to "talk."

Add the cliché from half the rom-coms or just the general TV shows you'd seen. It was the end of friendships, relationships etc. Most likely your own.

You typed out your response, trying not to make it too obvious you were shitting it.

You

Hey, yeah sure!
Where'd you like to talk? :)

She responded almost immediately, which did nothing but increase the nerves that were building up within you.

Liz
I'll text you my address,
just meet me there, please thanks.

Oh god no.

No emoji, no small little happiness or anything. You felt like you were being overdramatic, but you probably weren't.

Part of you was a little disappointed in needing to get change. Probably dumb, you were going to go to Elizabeth motherfucking Olsen's house. However, you were still going to have to get out of the comfy Pj's you'd changed into and have to get into more appropriate clothes. You did plan on chilling out today, but still- if Liz needed you, no matter what the... outcome would be you'd go.

So, shaking off any oncoming thought's you huffed before opening your wardrobe and deciding on what cozy clothing to wear. You didn't want anything too out there, you were only going to her house, bur you did at least want to look somewhat presentable and not like a potato.

You settled with something cozy, but still cute. The cardigan/top was a deep brown that felt homely to you, and you settled with a pair of brown check pants you remembered went well with a belt, before putting on some black boots to finish the look.

Checking yourself over in the mirror, you grabbed your phone, checking it and seeing Lizzie had indeed messaged you the address. You weren't one to make judgments, well not exactly but you couldn't lie, it somehow sounded expensive.

Could an address sound expensive? You weren't even sure, but Lizzie's certainly did, which only sent you spiraling further into a massive bundle of nerves and panic.

Grabbing your car keys, you ran out of the apartment you were staying in before going outside to the car. It was one you'd been renting since you planned on staying here longer than expected. Especially given the current circumstances with Lizzie and your job etc. You weren't sure where life was planning on taking you after today, but whatever happens will happen you guessed.

Turning the keys into the car ignition you checked your petrol fuel before pulling away and making your way to Lizzie's address.