Chapter 20: Unspoken truth's

Y/N's POV:

You find yourself waking as the sound of birds creating a melody lulled you into a sense of calmness. The blinds crack open as the sign of daylight shines through cascading down onto your body. The urge to stretch overcomes you as you felt your body adjust to the new morning of another sunlight.

As your eyes adjusted to the focus of the room, you felt your lungs fill up with air allowing yourself to adjust to your surroundings. As you remembered where you were, your eyes widened in realisation.

The thoughts and knowledge of yesterday's events came flooding back to you in waves of emotions. You sat there reminiscing on how you went from being at bliss feeling the wind drag the smell of sand and the sea through your hair to trying to drink issues away. Knowing you needed to get up soon was another matter entirely.

Part of you wished you could bury your face further into the pillow that your head was comfortably resting on. However, the last time ether you or Lizzie tried to bury away your issues or pretend other things weren't bothering you.. it lead to situations. A bit like last night.

That being said, you couldn't help but remember the feeling of her body pressed against your own how her hug felt so warm and welcoming even with the sobbing. It felt like something you couldn't place, you'd hugged her many times before last night, however it felt.. different. You didn't think it was a bad different nor even a good one. It just felt different.

There's a tendency ache in your bones for a minute as you stretched across the bed before yawning quietly. As you stood up and headed towards the shower room, out of your own the urge to check Lizzie's own room overcome you and this time you followed through.

Trying not to make too much of a sound your feet padded across the long hallway, only a slight creak of the wood if you stood on the wrong step. The door was open only a crack from where you'd left it the previous night incase of an emergency. However judging by it's current position it appeared Elizabeth had indeed remained in bed and hadn't gotten up for any reason, which gave you some relief.

As you poked your head in slightly you saw the ibuprofen had remained untouched along with the glass of water for now, indicating Lizzie hadn't arisen at any given point. Your eyesight drifted over to her sleeping form where you saw she'd moved positions so she was laying on her side.

Noticing small details about her room, you saw a photo of her and her two sister's which you found adorable. You'd noticed that she appeared quite family oriented.

Not wanting to pry into her room any longer and seem like a creep, you backed out slowly heading back down the hall to get showered and changed before making breakfast for the two of you. Realising you had no fucking idea what Lizzie liked for breakfast, you sent a quick message to Alice hoping her weird fan issues would know.

Y/N:
Hey Al, she slept through
the night by looks of it, but want
to make breakfast for us both before
we talk. Any idea what she likes? :)

Humming to yourself, you nodded at the text before grabbing some spare clothes from the drawer and headed into the shower.

You felt like you needed to wash the reminisce of yesterday away, the urge to painfully scrub at your body so it would chase away and memories. Wasn't the most realistic of things but it felt right all the same, especially with how water can just drift down your neck and hair, allowing you to feel at bliss.

Lizzie's POV:

The ache in her bones felt like hell, especially as she came more to waking up. God Lizzie felt like she'd been hit by a train at this point.