Chapter 15: One single moment

"Right, so the rules are simple," Lizzie stated glancing over your ingredients while checking her own.

You smirked as you could tell instantly she was a competitive sport, but it didn't surprise you. Growing up with being known as only the 'Olsen' twin's younger sister and in their spotlight, she'd have to be competitive. Especially, in the acting and production industry in general.

"Okay, shoot," you smirked challengingly and she laughed shaking her head.

You grew up trying to learn how to bake, well the key word was trying in that circumstance. Sure, you were no Mary Berry, but you were taught how to make a decent cake or kneading dough from your grandma as a child.

That being said, you weren't unfamiliar with how Elizabeth had often enjoyed being in the kitchen, whether it was cooking or baking. However, you weren't sure if she was too good at making cakes, but you supposed you were about to find out.

"We each get 1 hour and 35 minutes to make, bake and decorate our cakes. Nether of us can steal each other's ingredients and no taking each other's ideas. No matter whether it's finished at the end, you must step away from your cake, okay?"

You listened as Liz said it with such seriousness and authoritative tone, it almost sent chills down your spine. Almost. Instead, you let out a snort to which you received a glare of daggers from Lizzie, that last all of a few seconds before she let out a laugh, playfully shoving you.

"I'm serious Y/N/N," She smirked at you rolling her eyes.

"Okay, okay Mary Berry! I promise to follow the rules," you crossed your heart mockingly before she tilted her head in confusion.

"Mary Berry?"

Oh yeah...

"Never mind, but I'm ready, be prepared to loose Elizabeth Chase Olsen!" You winked at her, earning another playful glare.

"More like be prepared to taste my best cake ever and lose yourself, Y/N Y/L/N."
"You're in the land of wishing Olsen," you retaliated mischievously before shaking your head.

As you both stood making sure you had the ingredients you needed, Lizzie set the timer exclaiming that you could start, both of you getting to work almost immediately.

You danced around the kitchen as though it was your own, it felt like it was in an odd sort of way. Hell this whole thing felt so relaxed and so much like normality you'd almost forgotten who you were stood next to in the first place.

You weren't sure what Lizzie had settled on baking but you couldn't focus on that right now, instead you had to focus on your own preparation and making which was exciting. You'd decided that you'd go for one of your family's favourite bakes.

Your mum used to always bake you Prinzregententorte cake. She used to make it incredible despite the level of difficulty it appeared to have, especially considering it had 8 fucking layers of it.

Still you giggled at the fond memory of running around the kitchen as she tried to teach you how to bake it.

Unbeknownst to you, Lizzie was getting distracted by the fond look plastered on your face and almost forgot she herself needed to focus on the challenge at hand.

She was baking a red velvet cake, it always seemed to work our best for her too. Besides she remembered how fond her own sister's were of that baking recipe, so she figured she'd give it a go.

You got to work by making the sponge first, making sure you had your round cake tin at hand and pre heating the oven instantly rather than waiting until later. You drew on the baking paper, evenly remembering how your mother had said it wasn't really necessary however it made a big help in knowing what to do for later guidance.