Chapter 26: First Wives

Y/N's POV:

"Al I really don't think this is an ama-"

"Shush and put this on," she practically threw the suit at you as you stood in the middle of her living room.

Alice and Scarlett had insisted that you all go out for a meal when on the journey back. You and Lizzie just wanted to crawl on the couch or your own beds and let sleep entirely succumb to you. However the other two women had decided to gang up against the pair of you and insist until you had no choice but to surrender and agree to go.

You huffed in annoyance, you were still salty with Alice leaving you in the middle of nowhere with Lizzie. Although that being said, you weren't opposed to the outcome. It had in fact brought you and the older woman closer, even with the added unspoken moments.

You still got shivers at the remembrance of your hand clasped tight in her own. The feeling of how she and you had a water fight in the middle of the lake. How she made that one comment that still stuck in your mind heavily embedded in your thoughts.

You wanted to know what it would feel like to have her skin against your own. To have her lips connected with your own. To have lizzie's hands roam over your body deliciously. To have-

"Y/N/N, come on we need to go in a moment," Alice called you out of your lost trance of thoughts.

Applying more foundation to your cheeks, you were glad you had the makeup bag next to you. The last thing you needed was Alice teasing you knowingly that you were having inappropriate thoughts about the older woman.

"Coming," you mumbled brushing your suit down.

You glanced in the mirror examining how the suit fit your body perfectly. It wasn't too tight nor too baggy. The suit was an ocean blue, Alice having seen Aubrey Plaza in it on social media and freaked out. (I went feral for that suit on Aubrey Plaza.) Underneath was a white polo turtleneck that matched the suit well.

Alice had settled on a green dress with a slit on the leg that brought out her figure perfectly. She adored dresses and you didn't blame her, they made her look exquisite. Yourself on the other hand while you weren't too opposed to dresses, you much preferred the freedom of a suit. Besides it made women know your gaydar was up and alert.

"You look amazing," Alice encouraged positively and you gave her a warm smile in a returning compliment.

"Not so bad yourself Al," you teased winking.

"Lizzie will be drooling," she teased escaping outside before you could slap her over the head.

The journey to the restaurant was peaceful and relaxing. Little conversation was shared between you and your best friend, but that was okay. You liked the silent comforting around you aside from the radio playing ABBA as background noise.

Alice and Scarlett had picked out the restaurant and your eyes widened in surprise as she pulled into the parking lot. You were greeted with what looked like a rather posh and elegant restaurant that looked 10x what you or Al could afford. As if she could read your mind, Alice chuckled glancing at you as she pulled in.

"Scar said she's paying, she said it's her treat when I urged otherwise," she stated only receiving a nod from you as you took in the scenery.

You opened the car door, your best friend following suit as she explained Scar and Lizzie would be inside already. You were a little surprised they'd got there early but excited to see them all the same. She strutted to the entrance, explaining who's name the table was under and tried your best to hide an amused smirk as the waiters face widened in shock.