Chapter 29: Kissing in the Rain

Y/N's POV:

The pounding in your head was what woke you in the earlier hours of the morning. It couldn't have been later than 8am easily. As you came to terms with your surroundings, your eyes widened in realisation.

At first thought, you assumed the pounding was a migraine that had decided today of all days to approach you in the depths of gloom.

You often got migraines, clustered around a lot and it certainly wasn't one of those days you were ready for one then. However, upon adjusting to your surroundings you realised it was indeed not your head making the incessant noise.

It was in fact a sound emerging from your front door, that was the cause of the incessant noise coming from your head. You shook your head in annoyance, not exactly being a morning person didn't help with any of this.

Letting out a heavy sigh, you slipped out of bed trudging grumpily through the rooms to get to the front door. If it was Alice, you were quite certain she was going to end up dead in a ditch.

Your friend was certainly well aware of your grumpy state in the mornings, especially with the amount of sleepovers that you've both endured through your childhoods into your adulthood lives.

Your hand turned the knob, opening the door with an aggressive force ready to confront her, until you stopped. Instead of your best friend, you were greeted with the sight of an older man holding what looked like a large basket of plumeria flowers and roses? You had to blink a few times in order to get the sleep out of your eyes and also to make sure you weren't hallucinating.

However, it appeared you were indeed not hallucinating in the slightest. There was indeed an older man standing there with a large basket of flowers and a note attached. At first you were startled, not entirely sure whether he had the right address and he'd woken you up at an ungodly hour for nothing. That was until his voice spilled through the silent air, breaking the peace and slight awkwardness that was lingering around.

"Are you Y/N. Y/L/N?" his voice asked apprehensively, alluding you to know they clearly were not from himself.

"Yes, why?" Your voice was raspy from the heavy sleep that still hadn't left.

Exhaustion was still in your bones creeping up through your body. God the feeling of a bed felt good right now. Just the way you could fall back amongst the covers, your head hitting the pillows not so gracefully and falling into a deep slumber. The issue was, once you were away you were awake.

"A parcel for you miss," he stated his voice seemed soft as though you'd scared the poor fellow.

Bless him.

Reaching out you didn't question it, too tired to actually have any sort of energy for that. Instead you simply signed the parcel off smiling lopsided at the man standing opposite of you. Your hand shaking slightly as your body still woke up and tried to come to terms with reality, before giving a polite nod and shutting the door.

You traipsed through the rooms, heading back to your bedroom as your body still felt the heavy wave of sleep wanting to attack you there and then. However, the eagerness to see what was folded in-between the depths of the parcel only intrigued you more. You found your hands moving accordingly on their own, tearing through the cardboard and reaching within it's secrets that were hidden waiting for exposure.

As you pulled out the object hidden within the parcel, your eyes widened and you found your head unconsciously titling to the side. The item hidden with the parcel your "unexpected" delivery turned out to be a simple book. A photograph book and you found yourself opening it up wanting to see the contents inside.