The Princess of Ultraviolet Ch. 1

NINE YEARS AGO 

I remember that night of the war.

The fires of decomposing bodies melted my brain with perpetual flashbacks. 

My mother had stayed by my side, while my father was on the frontlines protecting us. 

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't hear those malicious sounds of regret and pain. The howls of my people torment the skies and history repeats itself in this current phase as well. My family tree is deprived of emperors, lords, and maybe deities. My father, Phun, was the king of our world called Ultraviolet, and mother was the queen. They were the ultimate pair, but I could see their flaws behind closed doors. 

Ultraviolet was an industrial continent that shared half of its land with one additional culture: The Chaos Primes. At first, we were inseparable. We shared crops, water, oil etc. Anything that could help, anybody would collaborate into making a unified world where there will be peace and tranquility. However, that was a vain effort soon to be thrown in the dust. When I was born, the time zone was XX300, which stands for the thirtieth century. 

People began to think differently, create laws that refrain others from sharing, and only selected people could go to certain places. At an early age, my father finally told me that I was not an ordinary being but specifically a part of a race of humanoids. Apparently, humanoids are mainly woman species who are gifted with abilities from the gods that only recognized us as worthy successors. Even so with such gifts, they come with consequences. Eventually, the seed had grown far beyond my expectations; even before my own existence. 

After the acknowledgement of my true heritage, I started to understand and realize that our cultural opposites did not find our capabilities fascinating. My father didn't want any harm to fall under his people, or his 'delicate' daughter, so he issued a written command that the world be divided. That didn't stop them from showing up and trying to kidnap children, steal supplies or just cause havoc. I won't lie, the Chaos Primes are scary individuals and I hear from my parents to not bother trying to establish a trust between them.

Since I was an aspiring heir, I needed to take notes on how to properly keep the community safe. We own large businesses with strong, leading men who came up with the idea of electricity and technology. With these thoughts in mind, my father and mother passed laws down where people can have what is called a cell phone. It was a device that transmitted voices from one location to the other, and we also had vehicles that worked the same way as the phones. Our town is mainly a mixed economy between command and market. 

Any type of new foundation needed to be addressed by my father and mother for a confirmation. Things that resembled a need for survival were free, but if you wanted to get your hands on the high-tech inventions then you either must be an adult or achieve a high IQ level in the Academy.

Being a princess, my parents are very strict. They hardly let me out of their sight and if I wanted to hang with someone then they would have to come to the castle to meet. They say that I'm a big target and that people could use me to get to them, so I understand why they act like that. Either way, I needed a friend to talk to and be able to goof around with. Surprisingly, I had someone like that.