Sole Purpose Ch. 22

WHITEFALL

Things have now gotten worse than I could possibly imagine. 

Sending Althea out there to handle the threat alone might have been the foolhardiest deed I've ever let trespassed. As the daughter of the Whitefall family, I am always supposed to remain vigilant of princess Althea. Failure to keep her safe, as stated by the Council and agreed to by very own parents, will result in my death. She is a priceless artifact that cannot, under any circumstances, be killed. This duty was given to me as well as a curse that I must abide by.

Others may see this as a sacred honor, whereas I feel like a weapon eternally enslaved by the Council and my own parents. 

When I was a child, in order to make sure I had what it took to protect Althea, I had to undergo brain surgery. Deep in my scalp, there is an antenna that enables me to locate almost any living person on this planet. I can also pinpoint certain causes of diseases, sicknesses, or rupture in the physical body. There are more abilities I can use, but the cost of having all of them, is my freedom. The antenna also acts as my lease to the Council. I only exist to keep the glory of the Altheas at the highest peak. My future, dreams, and ambitions do not matter because my soul and heart are in the hands of the kingdom's strongest political, royal force.

At first, I hated the Altheas. 

I did not understand why my life had to end before it even begun just to serve and protect people who I had no interest in. 

However, my hatred was short-lived when I met Alpha Althea. She appeared as someone very naïve and stubborn, and she was. Underneath her tough exterior, she was raging and longing to be understood. The life of a princess is not what she desired either, nor was protecting the Altheas mine. We were born into a fate that we did not want and that is how we became friends. She was the one that taught me that the Council do not create our lives for us, but we are in control if we so desire. After hearing her say that, my life changed for the better and I became accepting of the fact that I was her royal guard.
...

..

But this time, there is someone else who has made me feel differently as well - The Chaos Prime, Gale Lancer, the sole enemy of the humanoid race and the hinderance to many people if he successfully wins the obstacle course. 

Upon seeing him for the first time at the bathroom, I expected him to behave like an animal or rely on his natural instincts of a Prime like the others. I was surprised to find out he was very respectful, tolerant, and studious. He was not chained by fate like the rest of us, whereas, his will and words told that he planned to fight against this system of hell. After realizing what kind of man, he was, I started to develop feelings for him. I lied to my teammates about gathering info on him; I did it because I wanted to have alone time with him, to hear him speak, to see how his life outside the Synapse was. 

As we walked home together, I couldn't be any happier for his bravery. I was equally as scared as him because if the world found out we were courting then our lives will certainly be forfeited.
No matter how I feel, loving him is a taboo and I'm sure he knows the same thing.
But he didn't care... he even went out of his way to exchange contacts with me, so it was him who ultimately initiated our forbidden conquest. After doing that, he had stolen my heart and I'd do anything to earn his love back.