Redemption of the Fallen Ch. 2

Nine years later.... 

I was thrown onto the battlefield without any regards to my health nor opinion. The better part of my existence had disappeared once I realized that my life had more meaning than when I was a boy. Being a part of a 'glorious' dominion, as they like to call it, I needed to make an example of the strength that it carried. I remember how it felt to kill somebody; it was haunting at first, but then it was a natural thing. That was what scared me the most.

The Chaos Primes were meant to rule, he said. They are unstoppable; they continued to burn into my ears. Honestly, I despise my own race and I don't know if that is the correct thing to say. All the Chaos Primes care about is making an inappropriate name for themselves. If it got nothing to do with power, recognition, and getting woman pregnant in an attempt for a solid, stronger empire then all else was discarded.

There was no room for emotions, which I learned in the Academy. My father, which I prefer to call, my dictator, is the brains of how our territory is structured. He makes the rules, and anyone who defies him, he doesn't care, he'll just eliminate. People were scared of him, which in turn, they became afraid of me. The only son he had that would possibly end up the same as him.

It was only one person who made me feel like I was different. Times have changed since that day where I last saw her, and each time of a remembrance, I'm stricken with guilt and depression.

Her name was Alpha Althea.

She was the Ultraviolet future queen, and her father and mother of course are the majesties that rule that kingdom.

Because they are of high importance, they own sixty-five percent of the world, whereas the Chaos Primes own twenty-five. The other race, the United Nation, are still in an alliance with them so it doesn't matter how much land they own. Unfortunately, all the weight has been put on my shoulders, and that is so frustrating, to say the least. What I wouldn't give to have a different life.

The peaceful moment I had in my own bed was ruined when I heard the blinds of a window opening. A ray of sunlight merged with my eyes, and I forced my position to turn to the side. There was only one person that was so strident in the morning. "Gale, you need to wake up!" I heard my sister, Denise, command.

Her yells interrupted my sleep numerous times to the point where it doesn't affect me anymore. Usually, she wakes me up on mornings like this whenever we're going to be late getting to the Academy. My sister was already dressed; since it had a uniform requirement, the women and men had to be 'diligent' at all times. Of sorts, the woman had to wear a below-ankle burgundy skirt. The white short-sleeve button shirt that had to be tucked with a crimson string wrapped around the upper line of the chest like a ribbon too.

On her feet were bronze heel boots and her white socks were seen cozening her up. Denise was a Chaos Prime, of course, like myself. Most people are attracted to her natural curly red hair. She gets it from our mom. Furthermore, her eyes were coconut brown and full of life. She saw the world differently than I did. 

I really need to stop comparing myself to her.

"Come on, bro, we need to hurry up and eat breakfast; you know they don't sell food at the Academy!" She practically kicks the side of the bed which rattled it before leaving the room.