I am Gale Lancer Ch.9

Delta

This is the Chaos Prime leaders'.. no, this is Gale Lancer's real power?!

In all my life, there has never been a foe that when being struck by the Kusanagi that they can brush it off like a slap to the wrist. I've fought against many Primes but not like him; he's too different. What's the trick to his regeneration? Is there a limit to the times he can use it during a fight; should I risk hitting him again?

This is the first time I've had to contemplate against an opponent, let alone a Chaos Prime. He looked so simpleminded and average that I thought he'd be a walk in the park.

I will take him serious now.

He wouldn't be in this competition unless he had the credentials to make it this far. Underestimating him longer would prove to be my downfall.

I saw Lancer just staring at me with those charcoal, mysterious eyes. He was taunting bravely, despite receiving the first hit.

"Come on, Delta, you got this; don't let this guy shake you up!" Violet shouts, and surprisingly, Yuta throws in her encouragement too. "Don't let him see your fear, cousin!"

They're right. If I show him weakness, then he'll exploit it. The fight hasn't truly begun yet, and right now, I hold all the points and skills necessary to win. With Kusanagi in hand, I will make it to the top ranks but first, I must overcome this Prime.

"Let's hope you can take one of my strikes like I took yours!" Lancer declares boldly. Upon announce of his impending charge, I strengthen my guard to the absolute.

I was ready for him to make a move, but he continued to stand there. Wait.... what is that?

At first, I thought it was just my imagination, but it was undeniably real that a black foggy substance was forming around the Prime's body. The deeper it formed, the more concentrated and thicker it became. They looked like flames. Were those real flames?

"Black fire?" Althea mutters.

"Whoa, that shit actually looks cool!" Zane sprouted which furthered my irritation.

"I can't even tell where those things are coming from?" Yuta stammers.

"Doesn't matter what it is," Violet shouts. "Find a way around it and take him out!"

Ryatt's only response to the situation was just folding his arms. I could tell he was paying attention strongly, and his eyes weren't on me. Not that I cared, but time was running out; right now, it's do or don't!

"Alright, let's see what 'YOU' got this time!" Those were the last words I heard before Lancer disappeared from my sight. The oxygen temporarily stopped entering my system long enough to realize that my opponent was standing behind me. The world was silent. Only the coming strike was what resonated the will of my blade to stand at the might. My sword swung backwards, and the floor nearly caved at our colliding impacts.

I expected to see a weapon in Lancer's disposal, but shockingly, the flames on his body was the real obstacle preventing my blade from earning another hit. The fire attached to his body acted as a defense; he didn't need to put up a physical guard because the fire held my sword at bay.

Lancer wasn't done either; he came flying forward with his dominant right hand that was coated in the mysterious fire. My instincts kicked in at the right time to counter. I could not take the risk of him touching him.

Luckily, his strike was slow which granted an opportunity to shift my position to his backside. My sword was in hand, ready to strike down on this fool for thinking he could challenge me.