Countdown Ch. 28

Delta

Today was a very important day for the kingdom of Ultraviolet. The big news was that the majesties of this sacred land had returned from outer space from an unknown mission. My mother, father, and I were to attend the meeting with the majesties. Since our family, along with my cousin, Yuta, the Whitefalls, have high social standards if not equal to but equivalent to the Ark family (e.x: Allan Ark). My parents had to work hard at a young age to be successful individuals. I, for one, had to embrace their legacy and maintain it with the utmost perfection. For the occasion, it is important to dress formally. My mother had designed an entire wardrobe from scratch. Denying anything of her choice was not in my best interest.

Mother made a coconut, halter sundress with brown leaves attached to the center of the design for proper etiquette. The outline of the dress was a shade of blue and with me being the one wearing it, I was sure to catch the eyes of many. My mother was being very affectionate today of all days. We were both sitting in front of the mirror while she brushed my hair. I took the time to acknowledge my mother's looks for the first time today. She was a glamorous older lady with creamy skin and golden, sunflower hair like mines. Her green eyes glistened magically and had matched with the shamrock choker around her neck. Mom decided to wear a strapless dress for the event too; it was white and azure mixed and had touched down to her ankles. 

The diamond plated heels were freshly cleaned and shined by the housemaids who were fluent at their jobs. Aside from mother's dress, her age did not dictate her appearance. She still appeared young and fruitful, intelligent and gaudy. All these traits she possessed through sheer work and effort. Whenever I think about these things regarding her, my heart grows cold and nonchalant. As graceful and nurtured my mother may be, she is still the person to place this disgrace upon my face. (e.x: Stigma) 

I still love her, but I cannot deny the hatred I feel towards her either. 

Mother had finished wrapping my hair into a ponytail, so it sat maturely against the left side of my shoulder and breast. After she was done, she smiles and says, "You look like a goddess, dear." Although she spoke with the voice of an enchanting angel, in her eyes carried the essence of an annoyed caregiver. 

"Thank you, mother." I forced a smile.

"Your father should be done in a moment," she tells me as she ventures out the room. "Be sure to finish up any last-minute things before departing."

I did not reply since mother had already left the room. Now, that I was alone, I just sat in the mirror just staring at the reflection. With my hair in a ponytail, it was no use in hiding the stigma. I did not want to go out like this, where people will see the brand of resentment. No matter how beautiful I look, I am still a failure. I wanted to cry so badly but at a time like this I had no choice but to be strong. I straightened my composer, hopefully, the event will not take too long and once it's finished, my hair will go back to the way it was. 

After leaving my room, I was introduced to my father exiting out the bathroom in his charcoal, fitted suit. He wasn't wearing a tie and the first two buttons of his shirt were open to show a bit of his hairy chest. His hair was charcoal and twisty with short dreadlocks sticking out of his head and barely getting over his forehead. My father's skin color was pale and less youthful as mother. Since we were technically humanoids, we carried the blessings of eternal beauty whereas, he as a male had a normal aging process. Besides his age, he still was a handsome figure, and his body was built to withstand weapons at a universal magnitude since he was trained from the ground up in the military. He was studious and noble, and unlike mother, was my favorite.