Tactical Warfare Ch. 25

Ryatt

The fate of Ultraviolet is in the hands by those chosen to compete in the Synapse. Whomever wins, no matter the race will have the opportunity to make a request. Whether the wish was to become king of the world or to invest into a savings of monetary interest. There are certain requirements that have to be made upon certain request, but the idea will be considered. This is what makes events like this so important. The number of murders happening has got to be a distraction from the main goal. 

The pieces of my plan are not moving in the right spot. I got no leads and no one to trust. 

'Trust' is a word I use loosely. 

This 'Trust' I have learned to have for people has dissipated over the countless years of working under the Council. 

In this world, in which I plan to rule, there is only one person's trust that I must have. This woman, Althea Garden, makes very impulsive decisions and I have no choice but to sit and watch her squabble with inferior creatures. 

From the moment Yuta vanished from my sight, I knew something was afoot. I was smart to trust my instincts. Before Althea had departed from the castle, I made sure to hide my presence behind the crack of the rooftop door. Thanks to the mind's eye, I am able to only hear the thoughts of one of them but that's all I needed to understand the situation. Althea was fixated on uncovering the truth of the world for herself. Her unyielding yearn for the truth was staggering, however, it was still an emotional response, nevertheless. 

Yuta, her guardian angel, had the ability to scan biometrics of living organisms that give off constant heat. If I were an ordinary civilian, this would be a problem. 

With the use of 'Splinter' I phased into the unseen realm of time to follow Althea blindly beyond her knowledge. Surprisingly, she ran into Gale Lancer. He is a key component to the princess' mood and attitude. She likes to pretend that she does not care about him, but I saw differently in the alleyway. Furthermore, the true intentions of the Chaos Prime, Zane, was a sight for sore eyes. Watching the primes rip themselves apart was amusing. It was beyond my expectations that Zane would challenge Althea, knowing full well what kind of threat she is. Alas, it ended in vain. More incredulously, the assailant that rescued Zane was a woman. 

Whoever that was, was no mere Chaos Prime. 

The aftermath of the situation resulted in Althea being found by Yuta. She was a far better candidate for locating the princess rather than anyone else. Now, that the crisis has been averted, I can return to my own affairs. These affairs you may wonder is still uncovering the identity of the murder of Chaos Primes. As long as the killer remains free, then there was no chance for the Synapse to be accessible again. This problem alone would halt my plans of becoming king. 

My thoughts momentarily stopped processing as a random shoulder pressed itself against my own. The civilian caught my attention, but the figure's frame was oddly familiar. As the younger male turns his body slightly, my eyes widen in anger at the sight of a mortal enemy. 

"Funny seeing you out here in the Humanoid Territory, Ryatt, to what business do you have to be all the way out here?" Spoken words of the son of Lord Reginald II, Allan Ark. Upon his smile, a malicious grin that I'd rather walk through flames than to trust was visible as the sun. I could only reply with disinterest in his interests.