Prideful Humanoid Ch. 12

Delta 

A couple of days have passed, bringing the world into day X9802. 

Access into the Academy has been authorized and life has returned to how it has been from the very beginning, or so I thought. Things have begun to grow rapid due to the uprising of a random killer ripping away at the Chaos Primes. During the time of the incident that result in the loss of five Primes, I have been at home. Sheltered by the confines of a palace, in which I am belittled by the very people I call my loved ones. 

I am grateful that the loss that I suffered in the Synapse has not gotten word to the outside. Though that does not imply I am off the hook. Many nobles were present during the fight and word will eventually spread if my actions do not change. 

I do not want to be branded as a failure again. My face has already been tainted with scars of humiliation. To this day, I am shunned by my own family. This mark I am forced to walk around with was caused by none other than my own mother. She said I deserved it for disgracing our good name, and that I had to wear what I become. 

Each time I look in the mirror, I just wonder what am I here for..... 

Upon arriving at the Academy, many other people were entering with the same, despondent expressions. Looks like no one got any sleep yesterday, or any day to be exact. Who could blame them? This is not exactly the utopic life that we were promised growing up believing to be indomitable weapons of war; instead, we are even enslaved by our own heritage, and no one will dare to speak up about that. There were those who saw the system we lived under as stressful and not worth the effort. Many have grown lazy and do not desire the same intentions that their parents have had to work for. That is not an option that I have the glory of bathing in.

Venturing through the halls that led to 'excellency', I was knocked out of my thoughts by a loud yell of my name, "yo, Delta!"

I turned around slightly to see it was Violet. She was bypassing anybody in the hall, and I'm sure she wasn't apologizing either. As far as I'm concerned, her status was higher than many which granted her the pleasure. Even in the morning, she was dressed accordingly, and her energy was aspiring. I expected a formal greeting with hands, instead this woman forcefully threw her arms around my shoulders. 

She didn't spark me as the type of person who enjoyed hugging, but I wasn't too introverted to return the same gesture. "Good to see you after so long, I was starting to miss you guys." She glistened her white teeth hard.

Her statement was so funny to hear because we officially met one another just a week ago. She couldn't have held an attachment to me that easily? "You do realize that we only met each other like last week, right?" I say nervously, hoping she doesn't get upset. 

Violet frowns so I assume she was about to blow up, but she replies, "Girl, that doesn't matter, we're humanoids; we can still establish friendship."

"But in a competition like this, is that very wise?" 

"That depends on the minds of the people." She abruptly says and her emotions felt ice cold like a blizzard; That's when I matched her eyes with the same deepness.

This is not my first time here at the Academy. I've seen this strategy before numerous times that it becomes irritating. This place was first created to calibrate the different mental and physical prowess of each race to determine which of whom can claim supremacy. By helping to educate the students, the family can also receive compensation based on a rank. The system, which is the Council, are the people that have more power than the king. It is their goal to have knowledge of any and everybody. The fact that we are here standing is because of them.