The Real Winners Ch. 13

HELLO, FELLOW ARTIST AND AUTHORS. IF YOU HAVE MADE THIS FAR, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND SUPPORT WITH THE STORY. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME AND HOPE TO CONTINUE ENTERTAINING YOU ALL. I KNOW THE STORIES HAVE GOTTEN PRETTY LONG AND THAT'S BECAUSE MORE ELEMENTS/CHARACTERS ARE SPRINING INTO ACTION WITH THIER MOTIVES/PLOT. THIS CHAPTER IS A LONG ONE BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL WHY. 

                                                        ZANE 

I couldn't imagine the evening would be just as bad as the morning. In all times, we are confronted by a threat without reason only to find ourselves in problems unsolved. A world that resolves around people's worth, that's all we are made to be. 

The Chaos Prime blood runs through my body like venom but the power does not. Like others, I am cursed with the inability to gain uniqueness. Many of our people have lost faith in trying to seek further ambition because of this. It has been said and written all in history. This is the type of shit they like to fill our heads with, in the Academy. The humanoids seriously think they're better than us, and if it wasn't for the curse then we'll have all our authority back. 

We're threatened by debt, our equipment and storage are barely functional, and each day, we pray for a god that has already betrayed us. The only thing to do now is to take matters into my own hands. And just for the occasion, I brought my own secret weapon. 

The few sessions had already passed so I was on my way to the main event. There was an elevator that was going to take assigned members to the Synapse; we pretty much have easy access whenever we want if we have these ID cards. The machine projected a lime green scan against my card before remotely unsealing the doors to the elevator. When I turned around, there was someone else waving their hand to catch my attention. Oh shit, it was Paige!

I stuck my foot out just in time for her to squeeze through the elevators. After she was in, I stepped back, and the elevator slowly began to descend. 

"Hey, I don't ever see anyone run like that to an elevator; you're the first one." I deliberately laughed. 

Paige huffed and narrowed her amber eyes like bullets could pop out. She was looking different from the last time we met. Hell, during this past week, I couldn't even remember what she looked like but now, I had a full view. Her skin was a beautiful tan brown shade, and her straight charcoal hair held the same texture which she began to form into a ponytail. She wasn't like most women in the Chaos Prime nation since her shape was befitting and lusty. Overall, she could not be underestimated, no matter how much of a babe she looked. She stood at about 5'7 and had no difficulty holding a large guitar case over her shoulder. Matter of fact, I was curious about that, so I asked, "What's in the coffin," I joked.

Her pink lipstick mouth curls into a wide smile upon my asking and her cheekbones nearly struck my heart. Those fire eyes of hers looked up and down at me like she was analyzing something; then she motioned her head towards my suitcase. "What's in yours?"

"You'll find out soon, dear." I winked flirtatiously.

She winked back, but painfully hers felt more playful, "You'll find out too."

At that moment, we finally reached the final level leading to the Synapse. Like always, we show identification before going through the main gate. Luckily, the United Nations weren't deciding to be assholes today and I get the feeling it had something to do with Paige. Anyway, upon entering, things weren't what neither of us was expecting. Each member was already getting their workout started. There were punching bags getting destroyed, robots being dismantled like insects and worse of all, fire!