Sworn Protector Ch.21

Gale Lancer

Upon arriving in the Ultraviolet Market Zone, there was too many people and not enough space. Because of the increase in government agents, it was becoming harder to blend in with my opposites. Zane was following me, but the last time I check to see if he still was, he had disappeared. However, somebody will recognize and report me if they find out that I'm in the humanoid territory without permission.

Chaos Primes can only walk these streets unless they are strictly going to the Academy, other than that, there is no excuse to be out here. Then again, the truth is what I sought, and I could feel the answers slowly finding themselves within my grasp.

It has been a long time since I've walked this part of town; the last time was with Alpha. Before the treaty that separated our races, we used to go around trying different types of fresh food, electronics, and buildings. We were best friends and could've possibly been more.

The memory hurts to revisit, so I must think about the important and leave the unnecessary in the past.

Although these were my feelings, I was not true to them. The person who I most admired and love had shown themselves before me. There was she, Alpha Althea, in the flesh, walking around the market alone. This struck me with confusion. When was she ever alone? Doesn't Ryatt, Yuta, or even Violet stays by her side. Doesn't she realize how much a target she is? God, she was such a stubborn woman.

I wanted to approach her but doing so will be foolhardy. She already stuck out like a sore thumb, so if I confronted her now, then I will certainly attract the eyes of the government. If I walked away now, when was I ever going to get a chance to see her alone like this again?

I noticed on my left, there was a man selling colorful cloths that people can wrap around their head. Usually, things in this world is free but in this case, I was a Chaos Prime so that rule doesn't apply to me.

The last thing I wanted to do is steal something, but I didn't have a choice. While the owner was distracted with customers, I stood close by and quickly swiped two brown cloths. Nobody noticed my criminal actions and I secretly thanked Arcana that I wasn't caught.

I never lost sight of Alpha, so I decided to wrap the cloth around my head to prevent my identity from being revealed from first glance. Afterwards, I waited till the princess wasn't around too many people before closing the distance. She immediately knew someone was sneaking up on her, so I had to be precise with showing her that is was me. Her body halted, rigid and tense, when I dropped the brown cloth on top of her head. Her energy became defensive, irritated, and vengeful and all that heat was headed in my direction. I needed to do it now, "Alpha, it's me."

My voice alone caused her shoulders to loosen. Alpha's head turns slightly in disbelief and I stare in her coconut eyes to prove that I was indeed who she assumed I was. "Gale?" She speaks, almost with uncertainty.

"Yes, it's me, Gale." I whispered as I tied the cloth around her rosy hair, and she allowed me without any discomfort; she must've figured why I was doing this.

Next, I motioned my head towards a nearby allow where we could talk privately. She didn't react to me grabbing her hand and leading her inside. The alley was empty and even if people were present, they wouldn't be too concerned with us due to the cloths. Although just to make sure, I checked the corners in search of anybody who could be watching. The coast was clear, so I stood in front of Alpha who looked shocked from the moment she saw me and now.

"Hey, are you alright?" Immediately, after my question, Alpha presses her head against my chest and her slender but strong arms wrapped around my back.