Last Stand (Final Pt 2 of 3)

Gale 

The night before Yuta left to go home, my father had returned to talk to me. I did not know what to expect from him anymore; firstly, he seen me commit the biggest taboo and disrespected the name of the Chaos Primes right in front of him so why wasn't he mad. When I thought back on how I got caught with Althea in the alley, my stomach starts to turn. Great, now, I had PTSD from nearly dying. Anyway, my father goes back to sit on the stool beside my bed. 

He appeared restless, that much is to be expected since he just got finished battling against Zane's dad, Butcher. I didn't know much about that clown, but his goal is to eliminate my family in order to take our name and blessings for himself. I personally do not think Zane was thinking on his own back then. His objective to kill me and Althea felt forced, like he didn't want to do it himself. I could just be making speculations, but what else did I have?

My father had just finished cutting an apple for me to eat. I took it gratefully and did not waste any time in consuming it to the lasts of its skin. While I was eating, father speaks, "Regarding your relationship with the humanoid, I'm against it at all angles."

"But before you said-," I blurted out, but the pain prevents me from saying anything else. 

"Quiet and let me finish," He replies coldly. "I was against it at first, but I also must take into consideration that you are a man, and she is a woman. It may have been destiny for you two to interact; plus, I've decided to make that woman my personal 'behind the scenes' agent."

"What the heck are you talking about, father, you made Yuta into an agent of what?"

"Her task is not only to protect the royal household of the Altheas, but to also defend the bloodline of the Lancers."

My eyes went wide in shock and disbelief, "But why would you have her do that; if she abides by those regulations, it could destroy her reputation with her family."

"Is that how little you think of your woman?" My father's reply came off as deadly and insane.

My mouth closes on instincts. I couldn't find the correct words to retort with, so I just listened when he continues, "As a noble of the household of Whitefall, that woman is highly capable of completing any task given to her. Though she may break in the process, this is also to show if her loyalty to you is real."

"Do you think that she is not loyal to me?"

"I do not so I did this in order to prove to you if these humanoids are worth making a dire change for."

"Father," I couldn't believe my ears. I wanted to hug him and tell him that he was the best, but I refrained. 

At the same time, I was still bounded by the inescapable path of blood. I needed to change this world, not for my father nor sister, but for every single being on this planet. The fate of the Primes, Heroes, and Humanoids will change once I win the course; then again, losing so pitifully again is not an option I can hope to take. 

"Try and get some rest, I'll be here while you sleep." My father says, being compassionate. 

I was about to take up his offer, until someone had knocked on the door. Father and I glanced at each other, but since he was the only one who could move, he stands up firmly and formidably just in case it was an enemy. "Who is it?" He voiced his command and surprisingly, the person opens the door without being told to.