4 | All eyes on me

The bar was loud - the loudest in the city, and perhaps the oldest surviving structure of the original city. It had not taken the Anthanasios siblings long to understand the city's dynamic.

The vampires stayed to the quarter, most without rings, and so near to none were seen during the day. But at night, they threw the biggest of parties and all got their fair share of human blood.

Though generally their parties were hosted in the abattoir, it was not uncommon for them to host their little blood fest in this bar.

It was a known favourite of Marcel.

Helene could see why, it was vibrant, bright, loud, and the explosion of colour that made her heart sing with happiness. It was ecstasy if such a feeling could be express through architecture and interior design.

The three siblings had spread themselves about in the bar, mingling among people, making small talk with any who wanted to.

Ariadne had taken to nursing a drink in the corner when the man of the house approached her, "Well, why is such a lovely young lady alone in a corner?"

"This lovely young lady is in no mood to party," she quipped, sipping her drink.

"Not your thing?" Marcel asked, sitting beside her.

"I must prefer a bit of business myself."

The vampire smirked, "My kind of girl, what sort of business you do?"

"Whatever business I can benefit from, whatever keeps people happy - anything that keeps life interesting."

"That's quite vague."

"Hmm, well yes, but I'm still figuring out whether your generally curious as to what I do, or if your making small talk with me out of pity for my lonely state?"

Marcel shrugged, "Why can't it be because I think you're a pretty girl?"

Ariadne blinked, suppressing the urge to throw up at the vampire's comment, "Seriously dude, I'm not interested."

"Duly noted. But honestly, what sort of business you in to? You seem new to the area, maybe I can hook you up with a good gig."

"The supernatural kind, Marcel Gerard."

Marcel paused, eyes wider, brow raised - a flash of panic in his eye, but also a wisp of curiosity, both for who Ariadne was but also how she knew his name.

"You know my name?"

The witch chuckled, "Oh please! Don't flatter yourself into thinking your special, I know the names of absolutely everyone here, be it vampire, witch or human."

Ariadne looked to her left to where Thierry and Diego stood at the bar with her brother Malcolm, laughing at a joke Malcolm had told them, "Over there are your little lap dogs, Thierry and Diego with my brother Malcolm."

Her head turned forward, "There is Bianca, with a guy named Morgan, they've been dating a few months but she won't tell you because he's a warlock and you have a reputation with the NOLA magical community."

Her final turn was to her right, "And there is Marcus, he's one of your little pets too, vampire, like half this bar, he's with my sister Helene - I'll warn you, she bites worse than a wolf."

Ariadne chuckled, "I could have anyone in here killed if I wanted, I could quite easily do it myself. Now, don't mistake me for an impulsive killer, I don't make it a regular thing, but for you...I'll make an exception."

Marcel looked back from Marcus to Ariadne, "And so, what do you want?"

"A little bit of help! Is that so much to ask?"

"With what?"

"The Mikaelson extended family."

"I'm listening."