34 | sleeping arrangements

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Cause I always
sleep in

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"Does she realize the spell didn't work?" Rebekah wondered

"Does she realize the spell didn't work?" Rebekah wondered. The Originals clearly heard every word being spoken.

"I don't think so." Niklaus spoke.

Kol was pacing and growling, his vampire fangs out. He felt Talia's distress. He heard her little sister yell at her. Kol understood where she was coming from.

That and she was his mate's little sister was the only reason why he wasn't going to go up there and rip Matty's throat out. Kol froze when he heard Talia say that he was her mate. His fangs retracted as he felt a warmth flood his chest.

---------------------------

Talia watched as Jordan's jaw dropped yet again. "Explain!" She barked.

Talia told Matty and Jordan about the First Protector thing and what Silas said. Talia told the story about how her powers came into existence and explained just what she was. Talia had to show them her hybrid features and her witchy powers to make them believe.

Jordan snorted. "I can believe what you did to Damon. You have always hated him."

Matty was just looking at Talia, trying to hold in her tears. "Why?"She choked out, interrupting Talia and Jordan's girl talk. "Why did you have to leave me?"

Talia enfolded Matty in her arms. "I am so sorry, Matty. I don't know why I was brought here. When I was on the island, I was temporarily killed. I met with Qetsiyah. She didn't and wouldn't tell me who brought us here. But we were brought here for a reason. We have to protect them. Just like I always protected you." Talia rubbed her hands down Matty's back. "It's okay. I'm here now. I promise I won't leave you this time, and if I do, you can bet that it wasn't willingly and I will fight to my last breath to get back to you." Talia crooned.

Matty gave one last heaving sob and wiped her eyes. "I'm gonna find the person who sent us here and I am going to give them a lesson in not messing with the Youngs."

"You know, that might be a problem." Jordan thought out loud. At Talia and Matty's looks she explained. "You both have the same last name as April Young. The pastor's daughter."

Talia and Matty got a weird look on their face. "I never noticed that."

Jordan shrugged. "Happy to point that out for you. Where are we going to sleep tonight?"

"You can stay here. I am." Talia said, offhandedly. "I am sure Nik has two extra rooms somewhere around here."

---------------------------

Downstairs, Nik got an evil smirk on his face.

"What's with the smile, Nik?" Rebekah asked.

"Oh, I am going to do Kol a little favor. Just play along when that happens. Trust me, you'll know when it does." Niklaus grinned when he saw Rebekah figure it out.

"What are you planning?" Kol asked warily.

"Something to help you sleep at night, little brother." Nik smiled innocently.

Kol's eyes widened when he figured it out. "Perfect." Kol's grin was just as wicked as his brother's.