29 | Silas' chamber

┏━━━━━━━━┓

The temple of the
gods

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia slowly entered the chamber where Silas was kept

Talia slowly entered the chamber where Silas was kept. "How are we doing this?" She whispered.

Galen walked up to the mummified figure. "Get ready." He ordered.

Talia and Elijah went to opposite ends of Silas.

Galen grabbed a hunting knife. He slit his hand and let some blood drip onto Silas' mouth. The mummified figure started to move. Talia quickly snapped her hands forward and clamped on Silas' shoulders. Elijah got his feet. Galen quickly grabbed the cure and opened the box. Silas opened his eyes and tried to sit up. Talia used all of her strength to hold him down.

"Hurry Galen." Talia grunted.

Galen placed his hand on Silas' chest and forced the cure past his lips.

With a roar, Silas threw Elijah, Talia and Galen off of him. Silas started for Galen but halfway there he collapsed. Before the three's eyes Silas appeared to age extremely fast. His hair went gray, wrinkles appeared on his skin. His body sagged. "What did you do to me? It shouldn't be working this fast."

"Oh, I added a little boost to it. Someone wants to see you. Just so you know, it is never okay to cheat on someone." Talia spoke angrily.

Silas raised his eyes to Talia. His eyes widened. "The First Protector." He coughed.

Talia's eyes went round. "What do you know of me?"

Silas smirked. "It is said that 'The First Protector and her followers will bring peace to every supernatural creature. They will rule forever along with the first family'." Silas quoted. "I always thought that was me." Silas coughed again. Silas fell to the ground so he was laying flat. "I always thought it was me." Silas breathed his last as his body crumbled to dust in front of them.

"That's it?" asked Elijah.

"Yes." Galen spoke with finality.

"Can we please go? I want to go back." Talia stared at the Elijah with tears in her eyes. "He's hurting. I can feel it. He knows I died."

Elijah wrapped an arm around Talia and guided her out of the cave. "Sure, Talia. Let's go."

Galen followed them without saying a word. He came to be fond of the little hybrid. He liked irritating her. Her reactions were funny. He knew she was having a tough time being away from her mate. What she didn't know was that she just didn't die. She died like a vampire does when you shove a stake through their chest. Her skin greyed. Her veins showed through her skin. He thought the older vampire was about to cry. Galen saw the relief on his face when the girl opened her eyes and came up cursing. Galen gave the ginger her space. He wasn't stupid. He knew about her late night terrors. He hoped everything worked out for the little hybrid.

The three started the long trek back to the shore. One, in almost tears. One, silently. And one comforting the first.
---------------------------

About two hours earlier, in a different time zone . . .

Kol dropped a pen that he was playing with as his whole body clenched in pain. Kol doubled over. "She's dead." He whispered. Kol was in shock. His worst nightmares were confirmed. Talia was killed. Kol vowed he would hunt down the person responsible for killing his Talia.

Kol didn't notice Rebekah leading him to the car and speeding away. He was too busy making plans. If Talia was dead it was most likely Elijah was as well. Kol's mind was working overtime trying to save what family he has left and making plans to hunt down Silas and kill him.

Rebekah was worried. They were in a shop and Kol almost collapsed in pain. Rebekah immediately knew it was Talia. The look of devastation on Kol's face could not be for anything else. Rebekah compelled the curious bystanders away and led Kol to the car. Rebekah got Kol situated in the seat and sped off.

Rebekah called Nik. "Hey, Nik? We have a problem. Something must have happened to Talia and Elijah. Kol collapsed and is now in some kind of shock or trance. He isn't responding to anything and I am really worried." Rebekah rushed her words out the second Niklaus answered his phone.

"Are you on your way home?" Nik asked.

"Yes. I have him in the car and I am about an hour away from you." Rebekah flicked her eyes over to her older brother and saw him in practically the same state.

"Come home quickly sister. I will try to reach Elijah." Niklaus spoke.

"Okay. See you in half an hour to forty five minutes." Rebekah closed her phone and poured on the gas.

Unknown to Rebekah was Kol's plans to escape as soon as possible. It was almost a burning need to hunt down Silas.

Rebekah pulled into the driveway of the Mikaelson mansion. She put the car in park and saw that Kol already left the seat.

"Nik!" Rebekah yelled. "Kol is gone!"

In less than a second Niklaus stood in front of her. "I'll go after him. You stay here and get the basement ready. I found this." Niklaus pressed a dagger into her hands. "It was the only one I found. Maybe Kol did it on purpose maybe not but we need to stop him. I couldn't get a hold of Elijah. I need you to keep trying." Niklaus also put a phone in her hands. "I will be back soon." Niklaus pointed his nose in the wind and took off after his distraught little brother.

Rebekah went in the house and got everything set up.

Thirty minutes later a loud crash was heard as Nik brought Kol into the house.

"Bekah! I could use a little help." Niklaus shouted.

Rebekah ran into the room with a phone pressed to her ear. "I can't get a hold of Elijah."

"Don't you get it! They are both dead!" Kol yelled, angrily. "Talia's . . ." Kol choked back a sob.

Nik dragged Kol to the basement.

"No! I have to stop him!" Kol struggled.

"Rebekah do you have the dagger." Niklaus asked.

Kol froze for a moment then fought harder. "No. I promise I won't go anywhere. I will wait for you to contact Elijah if he is still alive. Don't put me in the box."

Niklaus and Rebekah shared looks.

"Do you swear to stay in your room until we have called Elijah." Rebekah placed a hand on Kol's shoulder.

Kol shook her off. "Yes."

"Fine."

As soon as those words left Niklaus' mouth, Kol ran to Talia's room. He decided he would wait exactly one hour and thirty minutes. If they hadn't reached Elijah by then, he was taking off. Once in her room, surrounded by her scent, Kol fell apart. He was so wrapped up in his grief he didn't notice when Talia came back to life.

Kol threw a lamp at the wall. It felt good to release some of what he was feeling, so he went on a rampage, trashing Talia's room. She was dead. She wouldn't care. Kol looked at the piece of jewelry he had clenched in his fist. After Talia passed out the day she saved him, he kept it in his pocket. Kol threw the necklace at the wall. "Damn it!" He roared.