43 | why did he care?

┏━━━━━━━━┓

He cares
I know He cares

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Downstairs, Kol frowned

Downstairs, Kol frowned. His keen hearing had picked up Matty and Rebekah's conversation. He decided to help out Matty. He would gently steer Talia to her sister. He sympathized with Matty.

Niklaus and Kol shared looks over Talia's head.

Nik was worried and confused. Why did he care for Matty. She was just a fifteen year old teenaged girl. Why did he care about her? Why did he care if she was sad and hurt? Why did he feel like he wanted to rip Talia's throat out for hurting Matty?

Talia made a passing comment and Nik growled at her.

Talia looked over at Kol. She didn't know what was happening? Why did Nik growl at her?

Kol knew what was going on. Nik heard the conversation between Matty and Rebekah and his mating instincts were kicking in. Kol wondered about their relationship. Nik was twenty five when he was turned. Nik was physically ten years older than her. Kol also wondered if Matty was going to age at all. She needed to have at least six more years to age. Kol was broken out of his thoughts by Rebekah's advice.
---------------------------

"I think you need to talk about this with Talia and Kol." Rebekah placed emphasis on the and.

Matty opened her mouth to protest.

"Nope! You wanted my help, this is my advice." Rebekah waved off Matty's outcry. "Talk to Talia and Kol. Explain your feelings and why you have them. Talk to both of them. They will understand. I know, Kol would. Believe it or not he does have issues like yours."

Matty gasped. "You mean, Kol is jealous of me because I spend so much time with his sister. You lie!" Matty sarcastically said.

Rebekah stared, unamused, at the teenaged girl. "You heard my advice, now get out of my bathroom. I want some breakfast but I have to shower first."

Matty snickered and left. "Sure thing Rebekah. Thanks for the advice."

Rebekah sighed. She may have been turned at seventeen, but she has had over a thousand years to grow up. Matty being in the house will be different.
---------------------------

Jordan hopped in the shower. She was thankful that the Mikaelson mansion was one of the places in town that had vervain free showers. Jordan wondered how Matty was dealing with all of this. Jordan had noticed how Klaus was with Matty. She was wondering about if he was her mate. If he was that meant Elijah was her mate. Jordan had lied to Talia when she asked what happened. Well, kinda. Jordan knew an Original had to be her mate. She also knew that tough times were ahead. Silas was just the beginning. Marcell would be an even bigger threat than they will expect. Jordan knew she had to keep Talia safe. It wasn't like you'd think. Not really. It wasn't like a King/Queen kind of deal. Sure Talia was the head of them. Jordan, Matty and two others would swear their loyalty to her. Jordan was the vampire protector. Matty was the werewolf protector. Jordan guessed Rebekah's mate would be the witch protector. The voice also told her that their would be another. An immortal human protector. The human protector will have an immortal human mate as well. There were three girl protectors and two male protectors. Talia, Jordan and Matty were the three girls. The voice said everything will work out okay. That she will help them and to follow Talia's lead. Talia may be the first one, but Jordan was second in command. The protectors will each have a home base around the world. At least one on each continent. One will be in America, New Orleans. That one would probably be Niklaus and Matty. The next would be in Europe. That might be Elijah and her. The next will be in Australia. That will be the immortal humans. One will be in Africa. That will be Rebekah and her mate. The last will be in the Asian countries. Jordan thought that will be Talia and Kol. She could be wrong on that. Kol and Talia could be in Europe. Or Africa. Or even Australia. Jordan thought the last two had to be others. Talia hated the heat. But, you never know, she could change.

Jordan hopped out of the shower in Matty's and her room. Jordan was suspicious about that fact. There had to be more rooms around here somewhere. Jordan was perceptive. She caught the smirk on Klaus' face as he told Talia that there was no more rooms. This place was massive. Jordan's first thought was to make a big deal about it in front of everyone. Jordan knew better though. Jordan could hear Talia's screams through the walls of their apartments. Jordan realized, Kol was good for her. Talia had not screamed last night. Jordan laughed softly. Well, not from nightmares at least. Jordan had no doubt of the passion Talia had. Not for any reason like you think. Someone as kind and as caring as Talia couldn't not be passionate in other areas. Jordan shuddered. She wanted to be nowhere near them when they have sex.

Jordan steered her thoughts elsewhere. She was concerned for Matty. Matty was only fifteen and now she was an immortal werewolf. Jordan had come to care for the young girl in the months Talia was gone. Jordan remembered when Matty showed up at her apartment.