21 | Elijah's destroyed vehicle

┏━━━━━━━━┓

I wrecked his car

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia followed Elijah back to the mansion

Talia followed Elijah back to the mansion. On the way his car swerved twice. Talia pulled into the driveway next to Elijah's destroyed vehicle.

Kol was the first one to exit the car. He shot a look at Talia that said they would talk later before marching into the house.

Elijah was the second to exit the car. He tapped on the glass window of Kol's car, right next to Talia's head. Talia jumped. "If you are done staring after my half naked brother, I need to speak with you." Elijah spoke.

Talia visibly shook her head and opened the door. "I'm fine, Elijah."

Elijah hid his knowing grin and led the way to his study. "Please sit." Elijah pointed to a chair across from his desk.

Talia did as she was told and fidgeted when Elijah shuffled some papers on his desk. "I feel like I got called to the principal's office." She muttered.

"I wanted to know what you spoke about with Mister Vaughn." Elijah ignored Talia's comment and motioned for her to speak.

"He wasn't sure about working with us so I told him I would owe him and I would do one thing for him." Talia began.

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "Do you know what that entails?"

Talia looked offended. "Yes I do. I am not an idiot. I would do just about anything to stop Silas from rising."

"Alright. Continue." Elijah placated.

"He was curious about my mate." Talia was surprised at how good those words sounded regarding Kol. At least he was hot. Talia continued with barely a pause. "In short, he agreed to go with us. He will meet us in Richmond at the airport at ten in the morning."

Elijah nodded. "Thank you for making that promise." Elijah kept on speaking without giving time for Talia to respond. "Here is the plan. We go to the island and hike to the cave. When we reach Silas, Mister Vaughn will give him just enough blood to wake him up a little. You and I are the muscle to hold him down. Mister Vaughn will open the cure and shove it down his throat. We hike back to the shore and come home. In all it should take around six days. I think-"

"Yeah, that isn't exactly true. It will take nine to ten days. Galen said so. Three days one way to the cave. Two days for plane travel and boat travel one way as well. That's ten days." Talia interrupted.

"So, I need to pack some blood." Elijah stated.

"Yup." Talia nodded. "For you and me. Also you need human food for Galen and me as well."

Elijah frowned. "Why can't we just use our speed to travel the island? I could-"

"Nope. Galen won't go for that. He would flat out refuse and won't help us if you even suggest that. We need him so no offering to carry him." Talia said firmly. "We go at human pace or not at all."