31 | Feeling thankful

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Thank you for the
Happiest year of my
Life

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia stumbled her way out of the shower

Talia stumbled her way out of the shower. She finally felt clean. After seven days without a shower, Talia felt dirty and grimy.

Talia was so tired she didn't even flinch when she saw Kol in her bed. She just got in her bed and curled up next to him. Talia yawned. "I am glad I saved you, Kol."

Kol nodded and pulled Talia closer. "Me too, Darling. Me too."

"We need to talk." Talia mumbled, sleep pulling at her.

"We will. Just sleep now." Kol murmured.

Talia slipped off into slumber.

Kol laid there, reveling in Talia being in his arms. He kept stroking her body making sure she was still there. They had to talk. Kol didn't know if he could keep having her ignore him.

Talia muttered Kol's name and cuddled closer in her sleep. Kol smiled. He was just starting to be happy. Kol frowned. He hoped no one took her away. Kol unconsciously pulled her closer. Kol kissed her hair. He vowed if someone killed her again he would burn the world to the ground.
---------------------------
Talia slowly woke up, her senses overwhelmed with that earthy scent of Kol. Talia tensed. What was she thinking? Talia snapped her body upright and pulled herself from Kol's arms.

Kol clenched his fists. "I thought you weren't ignoring me anymore Darling?"

"I'm not." Talia curled in on herself. "Please, Kol, will you listen to everything I have to say before you act?"

A muscle in Kol's jaw ticked but he nodded. "As long as you come here Darling. I need to touch you. Just to know you are real."

Talia reached her hand out. Kol grabbed it. Kol relaxed a bit.

Talia took a deep breath. "It started with a guy. Jayden Hewitt was his name. I was nineteen and stupid. I thought he was a good guy. Turns out he had a thing for Matty and was using me to get to her. When I found out I tried to beat the crap out of him."

Talia looked down and traced patterns on Kol's hand.

"He just laughed at me, called me pathetic and ended up sending me to the hospital for about a week. I had a huge amount of bills after that"

Talia paused.

"He tried to rape Matty. We are lucky Jordan heard us and called the police. I swore off relationships after that." Talia looked up at Kol strongly. "I want this. I want you. Just . . . can we take this slow. I know you will never treat me like that but I need to go slow."

Talia had tears in her eyes.

Kol pulled Talia closer. "I promise you, Talia, we can go as slow as you want."