26 | missing his mate

┏━━━━━━━━┓

I miss you

┗━━━━━━━━┛

928 miles away

928 miles away . . .

Kol laid in his bed trying to sleep. His mind kept going back to what Talia said before she walked out the door. Niklaus had gotten the call saying that they had miscalculated the days and would be back sooner. "If we don't come back in twelve days, know that we failed." It kept going around and around in his mind. "If we don't come back in twelve days . . ." "If we don't come back-" Kol sat up growling. He couldn't handle this. Last night he got the best sleep ever. Kol couldn't sleep, so he went into Talia's room and carried her into his bed. He needed her. Kol still needed her. Kol got out of his bed and went into Talia's room. Surrounded by her scent, Kol drifted off into a fitful sleep. It was better than he would have if he was in his room, but he still had nightmares.

Kol woke up early in the morning gasping for breath. Kol put his head in his hands. This was torture.

There was a knock on the door. "Kol? Are you in here?" Niklaus poked his head in the room.

"Yeah. I am." Kol spoke, face still buried in his palms.

"Rough night?" Niklaus asked.

Kol lifted his head and nodded.

"It'll get better." Niklaus spoke.

"No it won't. She is in danger." Kol spoke emphatically.

"Trust her. Trust Elijah. She has previous knowledge of fighting skills. She will be fine." Niklaus assured.

Kol chose to ignore the fact that Talia knew how to fight. From his understanding women don't usually take those classes with a few exceptions.

Kol got up from the bed. "I'll be down in a few minutes brother."

Niklaus nodded and left the room.

"What do I have to do to get you?" Kol whispered to Talia's empty room. Kol sighed and flipped the lights off as he left.
---------------------------

Talia huffed for breath as she hiked.

"Keep up Talia. You have got to be one of the sorriest excuse for a vampire I have ever seen." Galen scoffed as he was leading the group.

"Are you sure I can't punch him in the face?" Talia muttered.

Elijah hid a smile. "Yes."

"Keep up." Galen tossed over his shoulder.

"What if I just break his nose a little?" Talia pleaded.

"No." Elijah spoke as he walked ahead of Talia.

Talia stuck her tongue out at Elijah.

"I saw that." Elijah said without looking back.

That night they camped in the woods.