48 | bloodlust

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Feeding fast on
my prey
Draining the life

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"Are you insane?! How stupid are you that you had to nearly drain her dry?! It is very simple to learn control

"Are you insane?! How stupid are you that you had to nearly drain her dry?! It is very simple to learn control." Matty's shrill voice reached her ears first.

Kol's low growl was next. "I didn't mean to, alright! It was just-"

"Too good you couldn't stop. I know." Matty's voice again.

"You have never been and never will be a vampire so you can't possibly even begin to understand or know what we go through!" Kol's voice came again.

"Thank God for that!" Matty's voice went even higher.

Talia winced. Talia used her sensed to determine where she was. She felt an engine going. A pretty powerful one. The light was dim and she felt like she was floating. On an airplane then. She deduced.

Matty and Kol's voices were coming from behind a closed door. Rustling indicated that Elijah, Nik, Rebekah and Jordan were on the plane as well.

"Matty. You need to calm down." Jordan's soothing voice reached Talia's ears.

"Don't tell me to calm down! My sister is in there-" Matty's voice cut off.

"You are going to go to that chair right there. You are going to sit down and sleep until some tells you we have reached New Orleans." Elijah compelled Matty.

Matty repeated what Elijah told her and then it fell silent.

"Thank you Elijah for doing that. I was about to-" Rebekah spoke next.

"She's awake." Elijah was so quiet Talia almost didn't catch it.

There was a flurry of movement then the door quietly opened. Kol came up to the bed next to her. "Talia, I-"

"Don't say you're sorry. I told you to take what you needed. I told you I can't break. I gave you permission." Talia smiled at him. "And I was right. See I'm all fine."

"Talia? You were unconscious for about four hours." Kol told her.

Talia scooted over. She patted the mattress. "Come on. I'm not gonna bite. Well, unless you give me explicit permission to. Then I guess I will bite."

Kol's lips quirked up. "I almost killed you." He whispered.

"Kol? I am immortal. You can be as rough with me as you like and I won't die. You may knock me out for a few hours, but I still won't die." Talia's smile softened. "Come here. I am getting a crick in my neck looking up at you."

Kol laid down on his back next to Talia.

Talia rolled closer and snuggled against his side. She traced little designs on his chest. "It's okay. I kinda liked it." She whispered.

"Why didn't you stop me?" The words came out of Kol's mouth harshly.

Talia blushed. "It felt too good. I didn't want it to stop." She traced a little heart on his shirt.

Kol smirked. "You know how it will feel better?"

Talia was flame red now. "Kol." Talia slapped his chest.

Kol huffed out a quick laugh before quieting down. "I can't do that again. Not unless you promise me you will stop me before you pass out."

Talia propped herself up on on arm and looked over at him. "But-"

"We can share blood as often as we like but we never take that much ever again." Kol said seriously. "I need you to promise me Talia."

"I promise." She spoke after a moment of studying him. "I promise." She repeated. Talia laid back down and curled up into Kol.

"How are you feeling?" Kol rubbed his hand up her arm.

"A little light headed but nothing I can't manage." Talia reassured.

Kol's hand paused on it's journey for a moment then resumed stroking. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "I need to say that for me."

"I forgive you." Talia sat up to kiss him. Just a quick peck.

Kol sighed. "Stop moving."

"Sorry." Talia squeaked. She turned on her side and pressed her back into Kol's side.

Kol turned as well so his chest was against her back. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into him. He laid his head in her neck. "I like having my face here because I can smell you in my sleep and I know I'm not alone." Kol murmured.

"I like feeling your arms around me because I know I'm safe and home." Talia pulled his arms closer and entwined her fingers with his.

Kol puffed a breath against her neck. "Talia?"

"Hmmm?" Talia hummed sleepily.

"Never mind. Go to sleep." Kol kissed Talia behind her ear.

Talia sighed and slipped into sleep.

"I love you and I don't know what I would do without you. Please don't leave me. Seeing you like that today was hard. I know we have some fights ahead, but please don't ever make me lose you again. It was agony." Kol spoke to Talia's sleeping form.

"I wanted to die and I am not one for suicide. Someday I will tell you this when you are awake, but I love your laugh. I love how when you wake up in the morning, you crinkle nose and you rub your eyes like a baby. I love your hair and how it has gold highlights if the sun is just right. I love your eyes. The green in them remind me of home. I love your smile. The way your eyes wrinkle and your teeth show when you are truly happy. I could go on for days about how much I love you. I just want you to know, I will never be like that monster from before. I will always be there for you no matter what." Kol closed his eyes talking until he fell asleep.