32 | what was meant to be

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Leave it to the fates

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"No. He is very much alive." Talia was scared. She didn't want to face Marcel alone. Kol's scent drifted to her nose as he shifted. No. She wasn't alone. She had Kol at least.

"What happened to the baby?" Elijah asked.

Talia snapped back to the here and now at that. "She was fine. She ended up being born in trouble but what else is new to your family. Her name was Hope Mikaelson. She was part werewolf, part vampire and part witch. She was the first tribrid. Now that I am here, I kinda claimed that. Haley's story is interesting. She is the daughter to a pack's alpha pair. The Crescent pack? Anyway, her parents were killed and Marcell managed to get her out of town when she was little. He got her into a human family. She triggered her werewolf gene when she got into a boating accident. So Hope kinda is royalty." Talia hummed. "Never thought about it like that. Hope's mother is werewolf royalty. Her father is vampire royalty. So, technically, Hope is a princess."

The Originals mouths were dropped.

"Anything else we should know?" Niklaus asked sarcastically.

Talia thought for a moment. "Oh, yes. Davina, trying to kill you three, manages to bring back Kol and Finn from the dead." When the Originals went to comment, Talia smirked and continued. "Along with your mother and father."

The four siblings mouths snapped shut and glared at her.

Talia laughed. "That was so funny."

Kol chuckled a little. "Okay, it was a little funny."

Elijah laughed as well. "Over the days spent with Talia, I have noticed she does have a sense of humor."

Talia frowned. "It has been said that my sense of humor is morbid."

"Oh? Do tell." Nik leaned closer to Talia.

Talia thought for a moment. "Okay. So I was at my work and I was watching this mom and her two almost adult daughters. The mom told the girls to do something and they complained that they were full grown and didn't need their mother to tell them to do it. The mother looked at her kids and said 'when does a mother ever stop telling her kids what to do'. I looked down and muttered 'when the mother is dead.' My coworker gasped and smacked my arm. She told me I have a very morbid sense of humor. I shrugged and turned away. I am just lucky the mother and her kids never heard me."

The Originals stared in shock at her.

Talia got defensive. "What? I am bluntly honest. I have a morbid sense of humor. I love sarcasm. I have all of those things. They make up the basis of who I am. If you don't like it you can-"

"Talia, darling, it's fine. We get it." Kol soothed.

Tali smiled. "Thank you."

The others smiled at her as well.

Talia's stomach growled. Talia gave Nik puppy eyes. "Please can you make me some food. All I had to eat on the island is food Elijah brought." Tali pouted out her bottom lip.

Nik glared at her. Talia stared back. Her stomach rumbled again. Nik sighed. "You're helping." He said.

"Yes!" Talia cheered. She jumped up and tackled Nik. "Thank you!"

In a burst of speed, Talia and Nik disappeared into the kitchen.

Kol looked startled but quickly hid it.

"She's a whirlwind." Rebekah said. "If she ever got as excited shopping for clothes as she does cooking food, I would have trouble keeping up with her."

Rebekah was still down about not having her mate.

"What are we going to do about New Orleans?" Kol asked.

"I think we need to-" Elijah stopped talking as a huge fuzzy shape was taking place in the living room. It faded in and out like a pulse. Soon it cleared to show two figures. One standing upright. The other was clutching the others arm in a hard grip.

"Talia?" Elijah called. "I think you need to see this."

Talia came into the living room wiping her hands on a towel. "What is it Elijah?" Talia looked up and froze in shock. "How did you get here?"