5 | pentagrams, black suns, and the sigil of baphomet

A LONG CONVERSATION WITH MARCEL GERARD had proved fruitful after all

Ariadne had discovered that the king of the city harboured the fourth harvest girl - Davina Claire. She had also come to learn Marcel had no intention of allowing the young witch to die just like the others.

This elicited some anger in Ariadne who knew that without Davina's death, the other witches would not be able to rise and the harvest would not be complete.

The witch had warned Marcel of the consequences of Davina not being sacrificed, and he had come to understand Davina would die either way, but was adamant about delaying the inevitable for as long as he could.

It was almost admirable how far he was willing to go to protect the young teenager, however Ariadne knew herself to be above the parental instincts that Marcel clearly possessed.

Ariadne had assured Marcel that should he help her resolve her growing problem with the Mikaelson extended family, she would do what she could to ensure Davina be resurrected after the harvest.

There was no doubt in the witch's mind that Davina's ancestors would be furious for such a delayed sacrifice, and they would certainly seek their own retribution against her as a result.

By what means, Ariadne had yet to determine.

And so Marcel had sent a letter to the Mikaelsons addressing Miss Talia Young, the apparent mate to the impulsive, reckless Kol Mikaelson.

Talia Young,

Rousseau's at 4 O'clock
Bring only Rebekah

M.

"Was it truly necessary for you to include the "bring only Rebekah" part? I do not need an overly emotional thousand year old vampiress spoiling this."

"Rebekah is perhaps the best of the lot. And you can't really demand she come alone," Marcel argued.

Ariadne shook her head, "You could have at least chosen Elijah instead, at least he is known to be honourable by his word and is far less likely to tear my head from my body where I stand."

Marcel chuckled, "I am not so sure. Elijah is known to be fiercely loyal, he would happily tear you limb from limb for threatening his family."

"Well, at least you did not invite the Young girl's mate. I have no interest in being within the same building as Kol Mikaelson."

"You would love Rebekah," Marcel took a sip of his drink.

Ariadne took not of his words, "You speak from experience. Did you love her?"

"A long time ago yes."

"Pity. I've heard Klaus Mikaelson revels in killing his sister's lovers. Why is it you remain undead?" The witch asked, greatly intrigued.