12 | calm down

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Stay calm, stay collected
Chill lady

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia woke the next morning to an Original waking her up

Talia woke the next morning to an Original waking her up. "Go away." She grumbled. Talia was shook harder. Talia clumsily swiped the person's hand away. "Leave me alone."

There was a sigh. "I am sorry, Darling. You leave me no choice."

Before Talia could comprehend that, a bucketful of freezing water was dumped on her. Talia yelped, now fully awake. "Kol!" She screamed.

"Good morning Darling. Time for your witch lessons." Kol sauntered out of the room with a smirk on his face.

Talia sat on her bed, shivering. Man that water was freezing. What did he do? Melt snow?

"Come on Darling!" Kol's voice sounded. "The sun is rising."

Talia's teeth chattered as she walked into her bathroom. Talia decided to be mean and take a long hot shower. Talia locked the bathroom door and stripped down. Thirty minutes later, Talia was stepping out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. Talia shrieked when she saw her visitor.

Kol was sitting with annoyed look on his face on her bed. "You are late, Darling."

"Get out." Talia said.

Kol pursued her form. He snapped out of it a second later. His eyes shot up to Talia. "Get dressed. Meet me downstairs in five minutes. If you are not down there, I am coming back up and dragging you down there whether you are dressed or not." Kol got up and walked out of the room. "Five minutes Darling."

Talia fumed. Her magic lashed out and smashed the lamp next to the bed. Talia jumped. Okay. Maybe witch lessons might not be a bad thing. Talia hurriedly got dressed and made her way down to the kitchen.

"Four and a half minutes. Just in time." Kol smirked.

Rebekah breezed into the kitchen. "Oh, calm down Kol. Stop being so hard on her."

"She obviously doesn't take this seriously." Kol argued. "I am trying to help her."

"Uh . . . guys?" Talia raised her hand.

Rebekah and Kol ignored her and kept arguing.

"Guys?" Talia tried again.

The brother and sister kept bickering.

"Guys!" Talia screamed. Talia's magic lashed out and smashed a coffee mug on the counter. Talia jumped.

The former witch and warlock looked at her.

"Yeah, I just might take this seriously." Talia whispered.

"You smashed something else did you?" Rebekah said knowingly.

Talia opened her mouth.

"Don't lie Darling." Kol told her.

Talia closed her mouth and thought for a moment. "The light in the room I am staying in." She finally mumbled. "It's just now I am scared. I don't know anything about being a witch. I mean, in my world it was practically an insult." Talia waved her hands around as she paced. Bursts of magic was flying from her hands.

Kol dodged them and stood right in front of Talia. Kol grabbed her wrists "Talia." Kol spoke soothingly. "I need you to calm down."

Talia looked up sharply when Kol called her by her given name. Kol started breathing deep. Talia mimicked him.

"That's it Darling. Nice deep breaths. We don't want you to accidently set the house on fire now would we? Nik will have our heads." Kol joked.

"Let's take this outside." Rebekah offered.

Kol looked at his sister. They spoke in a different tongue as Talia watched. The words flowed from their mouths almost harshly. They seemed to agree on something. Kol looked at Talia. "Looks like I am your primary teacher. Bekah will observe and offer input if needed."

Kol led the way outside to the backyard. A few things were set up at a table. "Today we are just learning what you are capable of. Tomorrow we will expand and practice those abilities. Now, there are several things a witch or warlock can do. Some even perfect one of their gifts and completely master it. There are several powers a witch can have. The basic powers are spell casting, channeling, and making potions. More common special powers are telekinesis, pain infliction, which we already know you have, elemental control, and divination. Divination has several aspects which we go into later." Kol lectured. "Some uncommon powers are projection, telepathy, possession, illusions, dream manipulations and resurrection. I have-"

Rebekah cleared her throat.

"Sorry, we have set up some props for you to use. First, we are going to try telekinesis. I want you to breathe deep and focus." Kol ordered.

Talia closed her eyes and accessed her magic. Talia's eyes snapped open glowing with the same white light.

"That's it Darling. Now I want you to move this cup." Kol held up a coffee mug. "See if you can move it."

Talia moved the coffee mug in the air for a few seconds, then it fell towards the ground. Kol caught it. "Good job. Hey, Bekah? Add telekinesis to the list. Next. Elemental control." Kol set out a bottle of water, a bowl of dirt and three other empty bowls. Kol poured the water into a bowl while he spoke. "Elemental control is good for gathering these four things quickly for a spell you might need. Lots of spells call for the elements." Kol had by now filled one of the bowls with oil and struck a match. He dropped it into the bowl.

Talia giggled. "I am sorry but you looked really crazy when you did that."

Kol arched an eyebrow. "And I am not crazy normally?"

"No. You are crazy. You just looked even more crazy. Like you were going to burn down a school or something." Talia distracted.

Kol frowned. "Stop it Talia."

"Yes Professor Kol." Talia said sweetly.

Rebekah laughed. "Don't call him that. He might now insist on it."