13 | Professor Kol?

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Teacher's pet.

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"Hmmmm. Professor Kol. Does have a nice ring to it." Kol rubbed his chin in mock thought. Kol's look hardened. "Focus Talia. Try to move the earth."

Talia growled and imagined the earth getting wet and flying into Kol's face. Nothing happened. "I can't-" Talia stumbled.

Rebekah caught her. "It's fine. No on the elements." Rebekah wrote down something on a piece of paper.

"Are you seriously taking notes?" Talia asked, incredulous.

Rebekah glanced up, still writing. "Mmhmm."

Talia shuddered. "I now know what a lab rat feels like."

"Talia. Please stop distracting us. This is very important. If you lose control a lot of people could end up dead. Not us. But others. I don't care either way but I doubt that is something you want on your consciousness." Kol said firmly.

Talia's eyes hardened. "Okay. Let's do this. What is next?"

"Projection." Kol answered.

"What about divination? What is that?" Talia was confused. Why was he skipping one?

"Divination is a long and complicated thing." Kol started. "Divination is the power of seeing the past, present or future events based off extrasensory perception. There are four different types of divination. The first is clairvoyance. Clairvoyance is seeing the past, present and future through instinctive knowledge. Intuition is the next one. Intuition is being able to divine all three things through the use of instinctive knowledge."

"Wait." Talia interrupted. "Aren't they both the same? They sound the same."

"No." Rebekah said. "Intuition is using the knowledge and Clairvoyance is just the knowledge." Rebekah looked up from her writing to study Talia.

"Okay. Got it. Intuition means using it. Clairvoyance is the other." Tali nodded. Talia turned back to Kol. "Continue please."

Kol smirked a little. "Premonitions are being able to sense those things through the observation and study of dreams. And the last is psychometry. Psychometry is the power to divine future, past and present events through contact with different objects."

Talia frowned. "Yeah, that is a little complicated."

Kol nodded sarcastically. "Good, Talia. Now let's go onto projection."

Talia, Kol and Rebekah spent the rest of the morning going through the different powers. They found out that, with a little practice, she could do illusions and might even be able to do dream manipulations. Though whether that was from the witch side or the vampire side was unclear.

By lunch, Talia was exhausted. Nik brought out a plate with pasta on it. "This was boxed pasta. I will have to make you real pasta one of these days."

Talia scarfed the food down. "Geeze. I am exhausted."

"You still have training with Elijah and I in a few minutes." Nik spoke casually.

Talia groaned.

A few hours later, Talia was grumbling about 'freaking vampires and their need to torture her'. "I mean, first it was Kol now it is Elijah." She complained.

"Listen, Miss Talia, what we are doing we are doing to help you. You need to learn about your magic. You need to learn how to fight. What we encounter in the future might not be as easy as Mystic Falls. You need to practice these things. Can you please accept our help and stop complaining?" Elijah implored.

Talia looked chastised. "I am sorry. I promise I will try harder tomorrow."

"That is all we ask." Elijah walked past Talia into the house. Nik was already inside, leaving Talia outside by herself.

Talia stared up at the stars and wished that her little sister was here with her.

"Beautiful night." A voice piped up next to her.

Talia jumped. "Kol. You scared me."

Kol didn't say anything. Talia looked at Kol for a minute, then turned her gaze to the sky. "My mom used to love the stars. Before she went bad we used to lay out on our porch and look at the stars every time I couldn't sleep. Matty was just a baby. She would curl up next to me, I would be next to Mom and we would talk. Eventually we would fall asleep. Looking at the stars reminds me of the good things. After Mom started things with her new husband things got really rough. She stopped caring. Matty was only three when they got married. She doesn't remember anything good." Talia reminscized.

Kol interrupted her. "Just because I am teaching you doesn't mean we are mates. I don't like you. I don't want to hear about your life. I don't want to hear about your sister. I came out here to tell you to expect more work from me tomorrow. I need you to be prepared incase anything happens to my family." Kol looked pointedly at her.

Talia got angry. "I don't care about you either. And trust me, I want to learn as much as you want me to."

Kol raised an eyebrow. "Then why did you save me when you obviously don't care about me?"

"I-I-I-" Talia stuttered.

"That's what I thought, Talia. Let me make myself clear. This between us, will never happen. You can bring my siblings their mates like the witch said you would, but I don't need you. I don't need a mate. I like my single status. I can go out with whoever I want and do whatever I want." Kol said firmly.

Talia fumed. "No! Let me make myself clear. I don't like you. I saved you because it was the right thing to do."

Kol slowly nodded. "There we go. Another reason why we won't work. See, I don't care about doing the right thing. I would rather do the wrong thing. The only partnership we have is us working to stop Silas. As soon as that is done, I expect you gone. If you are not gone by then, when your darling little sister gets here, you better get to her before I do. If not? Well, I do love my torture."

"I hate you! Go away!" Talia seethed.

Kol's face was expressionless. "Good. Glad we are in agreement. Tomorrow. Five in the morning. Be outside or else." Kol turned and went inside, leaving Talia seething with rage on the porch.

"Was that really necessary Kol?" Niklaus asked.