1 | Rue the roses painted red

"Hello Novak, I thought we could have a little chat, you and I

"Hello Novak, I thought we could have a little chat, you and I."

"I have nothing to say to you."

A smirk, "On the contrary darling, you're full of little secrets I'm dying to get my hands on."

"You won't get anything out of me."

Wrong.

Novak screamed as the blade twisted, tearing through the large intestine.

"I simply want some answers, I had no intention of hurting you, sweet Novak. My moral code doesn't really agree with witches hurting witches, but...as people tend to say, desperate times call for desperate measures."

Ariadne left the blade in place. She had no intention of killing him.

Novak barely stomached his laugh, "You truly must be stupid if you think I will tell you anything, and far more desperate than Kenna believed you to be."

"Kenna? Who's K- Oh! That blonde girl! Is she your sister? Friend?"

Novak didn't answer.

"Lover? Cousin? Oh come on Novak! Work with me! You're literally bleeding out from your intestine for Hecate's sake!"

Ariadne stepped forward, grabbing the young man's chin, he winced at the sudden movement.

"Bitch."

"Oh honey, I've been called far worse."

"I hope the gods destroy you for your abuse of your gift," Novak spat as he broke from her grip, falling back to his chair.

His chains had not loosened at all.

"Novak, I just want to know about Senna, you know, your cousin? Is Kenna her twin? It would explain the names-"

Ariadne stopped herself from continuing.

The young witch crouched down, meeting him at eye level.

"Sweet Novak, tell me what your cousin Senna saw in her visions...and in return, I'll heal you."

"Never!"

"You are quite literally bleeding out, perhaps we should reevaluate the question."

"I said never!"

Ariadne scoffed, "Mhm. I know. I'm not deaf boy, but I am feeling charitable, so I will grant you this second chance. Tell me and you shall live."

Novak was unwilling to yield.

"Fail to comply and Kenna shall die."

Novak took a heavy breath, "Are you really threatening me, Ariadne?"

"Are you in any position to ignore my threats, Novak?"

Touché.

"Tell me what you know, Novak."

"No."

"Are you aware what happened to those who failed to comply with instructions when our motherland was far younger?"

He wasn't, "Enlighten me."

"For desertion or dereliction of duty, the soldier would be stoned, or beaten to death by cudgels."

"I am no soldier."

Ariadne laughed, "But of course you are, our lives will only ever be in servitude of someone. We are born to serve and die my friend."

Novak hung his head low.

"So let's try this again, what do you know?"

"All witches shall die because of three trans-reality beings."

"You too are a witch."

"Warlock."

An eye roll in response, "Semantics..."

"No. I said witches. Head the words of my cousin Senna, and the dreams of her twin Kenna. Sola has predicted the fall of witches should these three be allowed remain."

"All witches?"

A nod, "And not just those who walk the mortal plane, but those long gone and those who claim immortality under their belt shall too fall."

Circe. Hecate. Medea.

Anyone that the world would consider a witch.

Joan of Arc. Anne Boleyn.

"All witches shall burn in Tartarus for all eternity as these three displace you, and destroy the balance itself."

La Voisin. Alice Kyteler.

Isobel Gowdie. Tituba.

"Do you lie to me Novak?"

He choked his response, "N-no. W-what reason h-have I t-to lie?"

He was already dying, lying would not serve him now. He knew that. Ariadne knew that.

Ariadne made a step towards the table to her right, grabbing one of the many artefacts displayed.

"Answer me one more question."

Three steps to her left.

"Where might I find these trans-reality deviants?"

Six steps to the left.

"They shall seek New Orleans, where witches are but fallen already."

"That didn't answer my question, Novak. And I'm growing impatient."

"Wherever the old ones are, they shall be."

"Thank you Novak. That wasn't so hard was it? In return, I shall be merciful."

And she cut off his head with the blade in her hand.

"What a shame, he had quite pretty eyes."

A click struck the floor. Again. And again.

"Was killing him necessary, asteráki mu?"

"Necessary? No. I did have the sudden urge to kill him though upon the thought of all witches dying, χρυσή μου."

Ariadne smiled at her sister, "Have you come here for a reason Helene?"

"I suppose I'm here to ensure you remember mercy."

"How could I have forgotten?"

Mercy was the foundation of their beings.

"How is killing someone mercy?"

"Ruthlessness is mercy upon ourselves, sister - we cannot be so soft."

Helene rolled her eyes, stepping away from the pillar, "Humour me, what do you plan to do?"

"I plan to kill some trans-reality bitches."

Helene smirked, "At least make it fun."

"I'm going to make it hurt."